Bow Storage

bartman9

Hi Everyone,

I am new here and new to hunting.  This will be my first year.  I just got my first bow this week.  

Anyway, I am curious about where everyone stores their bow?  The most convenient would be to store it in a cabinet in my garage.  I live in the Rochester, NY area... not sure if the heat/cold could potentially cause problems for the bow.  Any input is appreciated. 

Bartman

keep it dry, don't leave it in your car at all unless you're driving somewhere, don't set it next to a heat source or on a heater, don't take it from inside to outside or the opposite if there's a difference in temp enough to cause condensation....

finally get a hard case for it.  even if it's a cheaper one.  then open it up every so often to make sure everything is alright or to actually practice shooting it.

• Like 1

Purchase a hard case and keep it in there.  Cheap, expensive, doesn't matter, just get one.  Put some of those free silica gel packets that come with just about everything purchased inside your case.  If possible, keep the case inside your house where the temperature change is minimal.  Wax your string.

As far as protection from cold, I know that people hunt polar bears and muskox in temperatures a lot colder than anything that will ever occur in someone's basement or garage. And they even shoot them in those extreme temperatures. Extreme heat is a different story. I have a dozen bows stored downstairs with each one hanging on a rack in an unheated area. Many of them are periodically pulled down and shot with no sign of performance or structural problems.

• Like 1