Would you hunt this spot?

BKhunter

I've hunted this property for years and haven't seen to much movement down here but this year the water has floated a little bit more keeping a lot of growth down but there is a ridge the runs on the other side of the water between the ag field and I'm thinking that's where they are really moving undetected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've hunted this property for years and haven't seen to much movement down here but this year the water has floated a little bit more keeping a lot of growth down but there is a ridge the runs on the other side of the water between the ag field and I'm thinking that's where they are really moving undetected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My advice is to not assume anything. The best way to understand if they're using it or not is to setup some trail cams. Don't check them every week. Leave them for a month or so unless it's very easy to slip in and out. If you can't afford trail cams, then it should be simple to tell the traffic by the runs. If it's muddy, a few deer can make it look well worn. Check when it's dry and if it's beaten down pretty good, then they're using it. If not, then it may be just a small doe group using it. We have trails on our property that look like herds have been through and usually that's exactly the case.

• Like 1

deer like every thing else like to take the easy route as long as the waters not too deep and its not running too fast they will cross at cretin spots   Look for the trails and if there being used a lot. Set up your stand or blind  about 10 yards off the trail I usually like to place a blind on both sides so i can use the wind good luck with your found spot 

• Like 3

Deer like edges. Like the edges between swamp and hardwoods, hardwoods and conifers, open fields and thick brush. Along these edges, somtimes are very well used trails from bedding to feeding area's. You may have such a place here. Find the trail and set up down wind of it for a potential hot spot. A well placed trail cam will help to confirm how many different deer are using the area.

Good luck!

• Like 2

Deer like edges. Like the edges between swamp and hardwoods, hardwoods and conifers, open fields and thick brush. Along these edges, somtimes are very well used trails from bedding to feeding area's. You may have such a place here. Find the trail and set up down wind of it for a potential hot spot. A well placed trail cam will help to confirm how many different deer are using the area.

Good luck!

What grampy said!