Poked in the eye

Jaeger

I thought I'd be nice and took Schatz out to a secret pond deep in the thick woods for a little frog chasing (her favorite after grouse and chipmunks).  

Poked myself in the right eye.  Stick came right up under glasses and nailed me.

I don't know if it was because I was trying to be nice to the dog or because I just spent becoup bucks on a new sight and servicing of my ole' compound, but someone up there has a sense of humor!!

Now, 2 days later, I see blury or double when I look at lights at night and the new sight pins just sort of blur together.

I know eye tissue is the fastest healing around but still wonder if I should get to an eye doctor.  I don't know what they cost and dont have insurance.  

A little money in the bank prevents me from getting the free health ins. and don't have enough to pay the monthly premiums (but ole' Barak still hits me with his penalty on the tax return!!)

Anyone get poked in the eye and how long did it take before it cleared up??

• Like 1

Of course none of us are capable of dispensing medical advice over the internet, and when it comes to your eyes, I would be careful about a lot of "wait-and-see" kinds of cures.....lol. Two days of symptoms kind of raises a flag for me. All eye damage will eventually heal, but you always have to wonder if the surfaces of the eye will heal the way they should. It's all kind of required to be a bit precise in order to work right.

I think what I am saying is that if there is any doubt, get it looked at.

• Like 2

I am not qualified to give advice from a medical standpoint however I was fast approaching blindness myself, a couple years ago.   What I can tell you with certainty, is that it can't hurt to give a little prayer for healing to the Man upstairs with the "sense of humor".   He also has the sense to provide anything asked for to those who love Him. 

I thought I'd be nice and took Schatz out to a secret pond deep in the thick woods for a little frog chasing (her favorite after grouse and chipmunks).  

Poked myself in the right eye.  Stick came right up under glasses and nailed me.

I don't know if it was because I was trying to be nice to the dog or because I just spent becoup bucks on a new sight and servicing of my ole' compound, but someone up there has a sense of humor!!

Now, 2 days later, I see blury or double when I look at lights at night and the new sight pins just sort of blur together.

I know eye tissue is the fastest healing around but still wonder if I should get to an eye doctor.  I don't know what they cost and dont have insurance.  

A little money in the bank prevents me from getting the free health ins. and don't have enough to pay the monthly premiums (but ole' Barak still hits me with his penalty on the tax return!!)

Anyone get poked in the eye and how long did it take before it cleared up??

You'll be fine.

I couldn't find one typo or misspelling in your post. :O

• Like 1