Springcreek outfitters missouri is a scam

Wiseman

Booked an early season trophy whitetail hunt with these so called outfitters ,and what a mistake..Ten hunters in camp ,and nobody seen or even had a chance at a decent buck .This is properties with a 120 and 130 pt restriction! None of the stands or locations were set up for early season mature bucks,12 properties 3,000 acres and no one in camp even seen a buck on the evening hunts.The two guides not only didn't pattern any good bucks on their property for their clients,but were very unprofessional ,and the only reason they run this hunt is to rip off hunters and get drunk.We were so disgusted we left after the the third day on a 5 day hunt.I"vs been on many semi and guided hunts over the years and this is the first time I left early ,I have hunted long enough and nothing is guarrentted in trophy buck sightings and killing ,but these idiots did not give any of their paying clients even a reasonable chance ,because of their total ineptness and unprofessionalism

It made me check out their web page...I saw lots of nice pics but no review section...it states it has semi guided turkey and predator...but no mention of guided deer hunts..but listed prices for all...the trail cam pics looked great..suppose they could have been picked off the web but I won't speculate.

As far as deleting or his first post...So what his first post was a vent about an out of state guide...he did everyone a service and them..... by getting ppl to at least take a look and decide for them selves...Geezz!

• Like 3

Yes this is my first post , and I will be posting this on every hunting thread I can ,because these outfitters are a joke and should not be running a sept trophy deer hunt.I went on this hunt because two friends that I went deer hunting there with were there in the spring turkey and had a successful hunt .They trusted the guides,and were promised a great deer hunt ,and that's why I went on the hunt.My 2 friends ,and the other 2 ny hunters we bunked and hunted with are just as pissed and disgusted.And for the post that said get the moderators to delete this ,for what telling the truth ,what are you nuts.Im doing this to warn other hunters about these scumbags.Yes this was a semi guided trophy deer hunt,and we paid to at least be put in stands and areas that gave us some kind of chance on a respectable buck ,and not zero. You can pm me anytime,and I also have the name and numbers of the 2 hunters we met there,they were cool,and that was only good thing about this nightmare of a hunt

As far as deleting or his first post...So what his first post was a vent about an out of state guide...he did everyone a service and them..... by getting ppl to at least take a look and decide for them selves...Geezz!

Geezz, is he even from NYS?

He's just out to defame the company and is that fair?  Should we get their side?

Tons of information is missing here.  Joining a bunch of sites just to crap on the outfitters name is pretty lame in my book.

• Like 3

What did they claim their success rates to be when you asked them before you went?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still waiting for this answer. Is you were quoted 80+% maybe u have a gripe. But if this outfitters success rates are 10-20% then u fell right into the % who weren't successful. Further, you only hunted 3 days, not 5.

As someone who has been on several guided, semi-guided, and DIY hunts, it falls on the hunter to do his due diligence. I always ask opportunity rates, success rates, speak with previous hunters, Google around, ask around on local forums etc. did you look into Missouri hunting forums? Etc etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is why I'd never invite someone to hunt the property I have access to.

I don't care how good you think you are, or how good I tell you I am....sometimes the deer just aren't cooperating especially in such a narrow timeframe as a 3 day period.

Some seasons it takes me weeks and months to have everything come together just right with a deer that I'm happy to kill.

For someone to feel cheated even through a free offering would be insulting even though I did everything I could to get them a kill.

Sucks you had to pay for it only to come home empty handed, but them's the breaks in deer huntin' when you start shelling out cash to hunt horns.

Maybe spend more time trying to lock up a piece of property for yourself, and spend less cash expecting someone to make your dreams come true.

Sorry- I'm sure that's NOT what you wanted to hear, but that's my take on this.

• Like 2

You can't really blame an outfitter if you didn't do your homework. Did you check references from past deer hunters? Did you check the number and quality of mature bucks killed in that area? Did you call the outfitter and talk to him or any of the guides about expectations you and he had? Perhaps early season very hot weather shut down deer activity? Did you ask about that possibility? These are all basic questions that should have been asked BEFORE booking any hunt.

Sorry that your hunt was not what you expected. But if you didn't do your part, what did you expect?

Geezz, is he even from NYS?

He's just out to defame the company and is that fair?  Should we get their side?

Tons of information is missing here.  Joining a bunch of sites just to crap on the outfitters name is pretty lame in my book.

Lets see first thing that post made me check was his where abouts,says WNY

I never consider any nasty things said about companies nor members for that matter until I check it out so to me deformation is a mute point, I would hope ours have the common sense to do the same.

I went right to the site mentioned after checking his info. So I suppose the 2 mins. to do that got me a fair idea of their side.

Yep as with nearly every post going on the web...there is probably a ton of information we are all missing...I thought that assumption would be standard operation for most. Really there is never a chance to get vocal inflection nor read body language in anyone's words...It's a guessing game.

Is he taking this to  a " lame" level? Well I will hold judgement until I see if he ever posts elsewhere. Whether or not, I am not going to say don't let the door hit you on the way out. When other than having one issue  he needed to vent happened to be a first post...Gosh I've never seen anyone here go into tyrannical rants. :rolleyes:

Ps... one more thing that his post did was get some members with constructive criticism  post up some very good points ,tips and questions. That others, wanting to go guided hunting can use......... so deletion would have squelched that...

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

I can say that if it was me and i know where,why,when bucks live at different times of the year i sure would not have left early and i sure would not have hunted where they stuck me. If you are on a trophy hunt and you cant tell pretty quick if its trophy buck area you have already started the downhill slide.