cabin break-in

otis

Otis!  My Man!

Sorry had to say it.  That sucks getting your stuff stolen twice but I have to agree something is amiss if you did not report it.  What are you growing if I might ask?  Does not sound like deer because those guys are serious and would have reported it.  ​

• Like 1

Buy a shiny new generator and put it right out in the open. Chain that sucker with the biggest chain u can but make sure they cannot see that from the road. Then put a couple cams on it. U should find them checking on it. Then call police have them go to there house get your shit back

They would get bagged for Trespass at best…..Unless they admitted to the prior thefts.

I like the way you think though….

No I am not growing anything illegal, and the reason why i haven't notified local police is because my camp is literally in the middle of the woods and i strongly doubt the police can help , just seems like a waste of time. And i think the best way to catch these guys is by what many of you suggested by putting up cell cams and hopefully get their plate number.

No I am not growing anything illegal, and the reason why i haven't notified local police is because my camp is literally in the middle of the woods and i strongly doubt the police can help , just seems like a waste of time. And i think the best way to catch these guys is by what many of you suggested by putting up cell cams and hopefully get their plate number.

Why do you assume the police cannot do any good? You would be surprised what simple interviews of neighbors can turn up. Also, your report may be another clue to a pattern that they may need to find these creeps. One of the best protections of crooks is the unwillingness of victims to report crimes. Also, as has been said earlier on this thread, a report is necessary for any stolen items that get found later on to be returned to you. If the cops get these guys, how the hell are they supposed to know that some of the stolen items are yours if you haven't turned in a report?

Another tip .... If you are going to resort to cameras, make sure they are well concealed, or you will just be contributing yet another item for them to steal.

• Like 5

Happen to a friend first time cut the lock so he got a better lock second time they cut the doors off with a saw 

now he bought a steel container with a cover lock [the kind they use on vans to lock the back door] he also put in cameras around the house and shed  that was about five years ago and no one has tried to break in since