Must do jobs before ...

growalot

The opening day of your season....Mine are the two I really dislike...a complete stripping of both the dogs barn/kennel run and the chicken coop...Today the out side dog run was stripped to bare dirt...now I'll wait till after a good rain(with daily scooping) then lay down 2 bails of straw...It's not bad to clean and as the ground cools it keeps them a little warmer when out side laying around...not to mention cleaner,,,tomorrow is the barn/doghouse...then all fresh cedar and wood chips will go in .We pack straw for them when temps get bad in the winter..... and lay in bales over head to maintain heat down where they are.

Aahhh the chicken coop that will be Sundays job they are always just so happy I'm in there messing with nest boxes  and all...need to get it done now for I always maintain a layer of "starter" as it were......so as temps drop I clean half and leave half to "cook" underneath...this maintains a level of warmth under the fresh bedding.

So that's my two...other than the last Dr appointment I make before season cutting it close this year 29th

Edited by growalot

where do I start? winterize the  boat, clean all my hunting clothes and hang out, finish repairing the wife's scooter, 1 last camping trip, put up 1 more stand(as soon as I can decide where it's going), by then the leaves will be falling and I will have to clean the gutters and rake the lawn.(several times).  I am not planning on going out until after the 15th so I have all kinds of time?