Venison custom products

Fletch

If you have a grinder, you can do it yourself. I figured Id try it myself this year instead of paying someone else, and I ended up making breakfast sausage, brats and italian sausage and it cost me a fraction of what it would have been to send it out. What I saved this time paid for my grinder, so after this year, Ill be making sausage for the price of casings/spices and pork to cut into it. Ive already had the italian sausage and breakfast sausage and they turned out great. I used the Eastman Outdoors spice pack, but you can find recipes online for different types of sausage.

Just an idea. Cant help you with places in your area though.

Thanks guys. I sent 25 pounds up to Tri Town up north to get sticks done. They do a good job get them every year. Took over 60 pounds to a new place about 30 miles west of me. Nice setup, clean, nice peeps. I have a bunch of stuff getting made so we will see. And yes I have 8 pounds of venison bacon getting done.

Buckhunter, I have thought about it and the sausages would be no prob. But I like a lot of smoked stuff. I do have a smoker but not really set up to do 50 plus pounds smoked in the winter in 3 feet of snow! I may still if I do not find what I am looking for.

I hear ya on the smoked stuff. Now that I have everything I need to grind and stuff the meat, Im going to get an electric or propane cabinet smoker for making the smoked stuff and just do it in small batches. I could put it in the barn or basement and run a temporary chimney outside for it. I just got tired of paying others to do something else I could do myself lol.

I hear ya on the smoked stuff. Now that I have everything I need to grind and stuff the meat, Im going to get an electric or propane cabinet smoker for making the smoked stuff and just do it in small batches. I could put it in the barn or basement and run a temporary chimney outside for it. I just got tired of paying others to do something else I could do myself lol.

I have one ::P ::) ...do ribs all winter long outside...if you wanna try it holler

I have one ::D ::) ...do ribs all winter long outside...if you wanna try it holler

It works good then huh? I have a rack of ribs left to do in my freezer, just dont feel like hanging out in the cold and tending the firebox on mine for hours on end during the winter.  :)

mine actually smokes better in the cold. I wish it had a bit smaller burner. I have to leave the damper full open in the summer to get the temp down to where i want it. This lets a lot of the smoke out. In the winter you can leave it all sealed up. Once it comes up to temp and you regulate it......put food in...the temp drop for a bit but comes back up to your setting before loading it. Once I do it I don't go out other than to check the temp of the meat a couple times....ribs are really "set it and forget it"...now where is my can of spray on hair ;)