Cold weather

Borngeechee

Bring it on

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I agree!

I remember when we had real winter here in NY. Tons of snow, you had to wear a wool sweater and a heavy coat, wool socks, and two pairs on insulated bottoms just to walk the 60 feet to the mail box every day. I hate severe cold but, I will welcome it back over 50 degrees on Christmas Eve..

• Like 1

Heavy winters are great until it comes time to plow that 1000' driveway and there is no more places to put the snow.

It's great until you find yourself crosswise in the ditch in a blizzard and no one on the road to help.

It's great until the town bashes your mailbox into splinters.

It's great until you have to climb that "killer hill" to go hunting, and the snow is up to your waist.

It's wonderful until you have to go somewhere, and you look out and the car is buried.

It's great until power lines start coming down from snow load, or some car plows into an electric pole, and you are sitting there watching the freezer and refrigerator beginning to defrost. And you start losing heat and worrying about water pipes freezing.

It's great until you have to climb up on the roofs of your house and out-buildings to shovel off the snow.

And perhaps you will get the pleasure of watching water drip from your living room ceiling because of ice-damming.

Oh yeah, and you get to have a substantial percentage of your deer herd croak.

These are all wonderful things to celebrate ...... lol. I'll tell you what ...... you snow lovers can take all those feet of snow and shove them up ........ Well you get the idea. I'll take the 40 degrees and higher all winter long and be doing one of those Snoopy "happy dances"...... lol.

post-11-0-22577200-1445245377_thumb.jpg

TWO FEET OF SNOW

• Like 1

I enjoyed the cold weather this weekend. Was great to be sitting in the stand in it. Really enjoyed it since what I'm seeing for the long range forcast is nothing but 50's & 60's right up until the week after gun season opens. I'm hoping for maybe a high of 35°,tops for the gun opener weekend. Hoping these weathermen or gals are wrong on this one and we get some cold tempo here over the next month.

they are calling for a warmer winter in the east this year. I sure hope so after last year.

Yeah I don't want a sub zero winter this year either. But I don't want all of hunting season to be in the 50's & 60's either. 30's and low 40's would be great!!

Actually, I really do like a light covering of snow when hunting. It is good for tracking and for spotting deer. An inch or two is fine. More than that is overkill and absolutely unnecessary.

Temperatures ..... well lets just say that I don't like being cold. But when temps do get too high, there is always the concern about meat spoilage if the tracking job gets tough. However as far as deer movement, deer have to do what deer have to do, and that applies whether the temps are warm or cold. On warm years, the rut goes on, animals still eat and drink.

Of course this is all irrelevant I suppose. We don't have a bit of control over any of it.....lol.

That would be perfect.

We can only hope it happens. I've been checking the extended forcast every night at work a couple hours after midnight. Hoping one night I click on it and the temp drop some. I mean the weathermen are always wrong right?? Lol. It has to change

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk