Buddy of mine shot in foot with 7mm mag

blackradio

http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/avery-1281600-friend-hunting.html

He's my good friend's cousin who I've met and target shot with a few times.  Nice guy. His buddy shot him in the foot with a 7mm mag. They cleaned it up but looks like they'll amputate the foot tomorrow.

Just a lesson. Always be careful and never let your guard down or take any chances with firearms.  Safety first. Also, always make sure you truly trust the person you're hunting with!

Just curious why one would unload a gun in the vehicle? Terrible he had to lose his foot..

Exactly ! Doesn't make sense !

Reminds me of a report on TV where a serviceman was home on leave and accidently shot his sister while cleaning a pistol . How the hell do you clean a loaded gun ?

I hope the guy who was shot in the foot comes out okay .........

Speaking of accidently shooting someone, if you want something that will send cold chills down your back, watch some of these hunting shows on TV that show some of these African hunts. They very often display some of the sloppiest gun handling practices that I have ever seen. I just love that way of resting the rifle horizontally on their shoulder while holding onto the barrel, which is generally pointed straight at the back of the guide in front of them. I've never figured out who decided that that was a good way of carrying a gun, but for some reason, as soon as these guys get over to Africa, all notions of being aware of where that loaded gun is pointed, go flying out the window.

Speaking of accidently shooting someone, if you want something that will send cold chills down your back, watch some of these hunting shows on TV that show some of these African hunts. They very often display some of the sloppiest gun handling practices that I have ever seen. I just love that way of resting the rifle horizontally on their shoulder while holding onto the barrel, which is generally pointed straight at the back of the guide in front of them. I've never figured out who decided that that was a good way of carrying a gun, but for some reason, as soon as these guys get over to Africa, all notions of being aware of where that loaded gun is pointed, go flying out the window.

Just last night on one show the guy drops his gun going up his tree stand. They actually show him holding the gun while going up the ladder? Not too smart.

I was "cleaning my gun and it just went off". Well to some folks wiping it with a rag is cleaning. Then again,most folks lie when the shoot someone by being stupid .

It won't go off unless you pull the trigger and it won't hit anyone unless the muzzle is pointed at them.

correct me if I am callous, but isnt hving a loaded gun in a vehicle illegal, as well as stupid.  this is one reason you should not have a loaded gun in a vehicle. Sad day for the guy who got shot.

Why you callous old coot !  :P ... :D ... :D ..... The article said charges are pending against Milton ( the guy with the loaded rifle ) .