opening day of Long Island shotgun

longislandhunter

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy hunted the old Grumman's prop yesterday. Got a 2.5 year old 7 ptr.(had broken browe tine) and a 7.5 year old doe. Checked them in @ DEC and the only thing that came in was a shed buck taken from Rocky Point. Still had a arrow in its shoulder. I dont no what spot # he was in.    I'm hunting Jan 20th at H.Hills. Anyone have any info about that area other than its cold. Lol

passed on a doe and a spike at 15 yards but had a great day anyway. Hey what spot is considered the old grumman property?  Is that a numbered spot or private land?

By the way the antlers seem to be dropping early this year? ??? ??

I beleive its only open to Riverhead residents....

Got out to Otis Pike for 3 hrs this evening.  Was not able to get one of my fav spots and settled for a spot i have never hunted before.  No deer and got soaked as the snow turned to sleet and rain. 

WHYYYYYYYYYYY no shotgun hunting on weekends, even on private land.  Just doesn't make sense to me.

Got out to Otis Pike for 3 hrs this evening.  Was not able to get one of my fav spots and settled for a spot i have never hunted before.  No deer and got soaked as the snow turned to sleet and rain. 

WHYYYYYYYYYYY no shotgun hunting on weekends, even on private land.  Just doesn't make sense to me.

never got that either...

never got that either...

I always understood that it was because the rich and famous don't really mind the hunting during the week when they aren't out there.  But on the weekend the east end belongs to them, and you the old saying about money talks!!  I can't verify that it is the case but it sure sounds like that's the case!!  ::)

never got that either...

I always understood that it was because the rich and famous don't really mind the hunting during the week when they aren't out there.  But on the weekend the east end belongs to them, and you the old saying about money talks!!  I can't verify that it is the case but it sure sounds like that's the case!!  ::)

That and DEC claims that non-hunters use the lands for hiking, fishing and bike riding.