Don't even know if I should ask

nodeerhere

Ok guys! This is a question. I'm not looking for any arguing or fighting. So please if ur going to say sumthing smart please just don't post. Is $700 dollars for 35 acres to much? Lease? From now till end of May. I own my own property only 20 acres. I have an opportunity to lease 35 more with option to buy down the road just a few mins. What do u guys think?

If your only leasing it for the rest of deer and turkey, Its really pricey i did the math, 14.29 a day for the remainder of deer and all of turkey season, Around the area i live 14.00 an acre for the year is pricey, Some people want more but most are hovering right at about 10.00 an acre for one year, Now i know this isnt the case in other locations throughout the state, Some places are much cheaper, Others are far more expensive, Now if you dont hunt every day and im not sure about the end date, Of deer season, but ill call it the 12/13/15 im not sure if muzzleloader is in that date, You will hunt 17 days in the time period of your lease, at a cost of 41.18 per day, To me that is really steep and ,might not be worth it,  Now if you can lease it for a year, The price drastically falls to around a 1.91 a day for that particular lease, Thats a good deal, but only at a year long contract, Almost forgot, If you only hunt weekends for turkey and deer during a one year lease the price per day to hunt is right around 23.33 a day, Hope that helps you a little, If you lease get it on paper and find out what that includes and doesnt include, 

Edited by wheelieman

Well I'm not sure how good it is and another 35 acres would be nice to hunt. I might go take a look this wk end and see if we can come to an agreement. Is there anything else I need to look out for?

Gut Piles. Hopefully you don't find any.

If your interested in purchasing this piece as you mentioned pay the 700 bucks. If you dont someone else will and that may close the door on you buying it and open the door for someone else. I have a lease and know many other people who do as well. Where the 20 bucks and less averages per acre are coming from is beyond me. There is a few variables, size, access, habitat etc. Most all people I know who lease pay what the landowners tax is on the land not including buildings etc, the accessed tax on the land alone.

Remember that 35 acres is a small piece of land relative to deer hunting. Small pieces for deer can change simply by a neighbor doing something crazy with his adjoining property. I wouldn't pay a lot for small acreage, but I guess "a lot" is relative to the person spending it. Do what ever makes ya happy.

• Like 1