Beer

Dom

Local brewery tonight. Filled a pair of growlers yesterday.

Tonight's choice is Rare Form's Cascadia, a double IPA registering somewhere just north of 8%. Drinking out of a steel cup, so pics are kinda pointless.

Unfiltered, and heavy like a nitro. They're using cascade hops, I imagine, but there's something nice and unidentifiable up front.

It's a good beer, and a little heavy-handed for a Sunday. Must be the holidays...

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Local brewery tonight. Filled a pair of growlers yesterday.

Tonight's choice is Rare Form's Cascadia, a double IPA registering somewhere just north of 8%. Drinking out of a steel cup, so pics are kinda pointless.

Unfiltered, and heavy like a nitro. They're using cascade hops, I imagine, but there's something nice and unidentifiable up front.

It's a good beer, and a little heavy-handed for a Sunday. Must be the holidays...

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

Cascade and mosaic hops are some of my favorites. Just don’t give me a malt bomb IPA. New England style are my favorite though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

On 12/15/2017 at 11:58 AM, Dom said:

still the best of domestic beer's the Buds we drink are still brewed here.the company only sold a portion of the empire not the entire.For my money I will continue drink Buds/Busch 

disagree i'd take a miller light or yuengling over a bud product. but i also prefer a blue light as my "cheap beer"

Miller Lite is my go to beer pong / summer beer. 10-12 on a good saturday

Gentlemen...now you are speaking MY language. Please do not disregard the High Life as an option-it is not only the champagne of beer, but my favorite “any time” (preferably mid-day waterside and beach chair ) beer.

All these aristocratic intellectual expert beer aficionados are making me feel inadequate...I simply like beer! Real beer!

• Like 4

disagree i'd take a miller light or yuengling over a bud product. but i also prefer a blue light as my "cheap beer"

Shame on you..calling a Miller product a cheap beer is like disrespecting a young male deer with the term “scrub buck.” Have you no respect? Miller Lives Matter!

• Like 3

Fat Tire at the restaurant tonight.  In hindsight, a good red wine would have paired better with my filet.  FT is a little flat for a bold steak and peppercorn sauce.

BUT, I did pick up another bottle of Founders CBS, Goose Island Bourbon County and case of Brooklyn Limited Chocolate Stout! :D

• Like 2

12 hours ago, crappyice said:

Shame on you..calling a Miller product a cheap beer is like disrespecting a young male deer with the term “scrub buck.” Have you no respect? Miller Lives Matter!

the way i look at beer is this:

you have piss - natty ice, bush, keystone etc

you have cheap/get drunk beer - coors, blue, miller, bud etc.

then you have drinkers - any craft beer, magic hat, sam adams, stella etc. 

Edited by Belo

12 hours ago, crappyice said:

Gentlemen...now you are speaking MY language. Please do not disregard the High Life as an option-it is not only the champagne of beer, but my favorite “any time” (preferably mid-day waterside and beach chair ) beer.

All these aristocratic intellectual expert beer aficionados are making me feel inadequate...I simply like beer! Real beer!

a good MGD is underrated as well in my opinion. 

the way i look at beer is this:
you have piss - natty ice, bush, keystone etc
you have cheap/get drunk beer - coors, blue, miller, bud etc.
then you have drinkers - any craft beer, magic hat, sam adams, stella etc. 

Stella to me is just like Miller lite, Coors Light, Corona, etc.

• Like 1