Time for a new gun!!!

MACHINIST

So I want another deer rifle because...well why the hell not!!!HAHA I have always wanted a BLR with a pistol grip but I am a synesthetic stock guy and they don't make one.I do like their grey laminate/stainless and Black label BLR's but they are only available in a straight stock and not pistol grip.So i figure I would look at a BAR that I can get how I like.Now my question is hows the accuracy on the BLR and BAR?I already have a 308 and 7mm mag......what caliber would you get instead of those 2 for deer.The 358 seems to be calling my name right now.

The 358 is one of my favorites but it's almost only a reloaders cartridge. My bar is a 30-06 and is pretty accurate 1.5" @100 with most ammo, the biggest problem is the trigger. All in all I like my bar but I don't think I will ever "want" another and can't really put my tiger on why I don't love it but I just don't. Of the 3 semis I own it would be #3 behind the Benelli and the remingtons. It's a little more money but the Benelli R1 is an awesome auto. And comes in a synthetic stock.

I also have a BAR Longtrac stalker in 30-06. It too shoots around 1.5", I do like the gun a lot but I'm not in love with it either, if the trigger were adjustable or more crisp I would probably never put it down but its spongy and long compared to my bolt guns but then again I've never handled a semi that had a trigger I loved.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The 358 is one of my favorites but it's almost only a reloaders cartridge. My bar is a 30-06 and is pretty accurate 1.5" @100 with most ammo, the biggest problem is the trigger. All in all I like my bar but I don't think I will ever "want" another and can't really put my tiger on why I don't love it but I just don't. Of the 3 semis I own it would be #3 behind the Benelli and the remingtons. It's a little more money but the Benelli R1 is an awesome auto. And comes in a synthetic stock.

Well I never considered the benelli I will take a look at them.Do you have a 750,7400 or 742 Remington?I have heard some great things and bad things on the new 750,I love my 7600 so maybe I will just look at one of those in a neat caliber if I dont go for a semi.

Don't bother looking at the 750 Woodsmaster. We took back several for repair at the shop I used to work at for cycling issues, including one that even Remington could not correct in 3 tries so they reimbursed the customer. My father owns one and it's heavy and won't cycle a lot of loads reliably. It won't even chamber a 180 gr ballistic tip from the mag, the tip gets caught up on the feed ramp. You couldn't give me one for free.

• Like 1

Well I never considered the benelli I will take a look at them.Do you have a 750,7400 or 742 Remington?I have heard some great things and bad things on the new 750,I love my 7600 so maybe I will just look at one of those in a neat caliber if I dont go for a semi.

I have had all 3 and now have the 7400 and the 742 had a 750 in 35whelen and it was a dud :( it was an amazing shooter would shot 3/4" groups all day but was sent back to remington twice and never fixed my gun shop bought it back from me at cost and I never asked what the outcome was. I love my 7600's also if your into the 35's there are still some 35 whelens around I have a 30-06 carbine rebored to 35 whelen and its one of my favorite guns I own. One day I will rebore my Benelli to 35 whelen but not any time soon. As I'm building another 7600 now.

Don't bother looking at the 750 Woodsmaster. We took back several for repair at the shop I used to work at for cycling issues, including one that even Remington could not correct in 3 tries so they reimbursed the customer. My father owns one and it's heavy and won't cycle a lot of loads reliably. It won't even chamber a 180 gr ballistic tip from the mag, the tip gets caught up on the feed ramp. You couldn't give me one for free.

Yup mine wouldn't feed unless there was only 1round in the mag after 3 different mags and 2 trips back to remington it still didn't fix it. But damn would that thing shoot!

• Like 1

A lot of the Remington semis were known for jamming. The "Jam Master".  Also, when loading you have to let the bolt slam forward (loud) or the bolt may not seat and the rifle won't fire.   That cost me a buck once, with a 750.

From everything I have heard and read the BAR is the way to go. Very reliable and very accurate.

• Like 1

Yea I have some shopping to do,I want to get some rifles n my hands and see what I like best.I love my 7600 so I am assuming the 7500's would be really close.I may just get a 7400 and have my smith go through it he has a really good track record for getting them to run like a top when they jam up

• Like 1