MIller's Horseradish..............WOW!

Lawdwaz

Last night we had our last (pretty sure) pack of backstraps from last year but for some reason we had leftovers.  Today the Mrs. went and got some au jus sauce, Costanzo's Rolls and some fesh Miller's Horseradish.  I sliced the left over 'strap paper thin and left it in the heating au jus sauce for about 10 minutes.  

Steamed some broccoli and nuked some leftover smashed potatoes and put it on a plate.  It was excellent but the Miller's Horseradish was incredibly snappy.  Holy cripes did it open the old nostrils......................man o man!

Miller's is made in good old Lockport, NY.  We've been buying it for many, many years but it's never been like THIS. :)

• Like 2

The fresher the more zip for sure. Had some on two different occasions this holiday season. Two different jars and of course I loaded it on thinking it would be mild. Boy was I wrong. Wife laughed at me , until she got into a good nose wincing mouthful. Nothing better than Millers

And yes , why did you have leftover backstraps is the most important question ?!

We served roast beef from Federal meats on Xmas eve on Costanzos rolls, with Millers as well. My wife loaded the horseradish on her samwhich and one bite in she was sniffling and all teary eyed...of course I start laughing and then it slowly started to hit everyone at the table eating roast beef. Lol

Fast forward to today and while talking with my dad had says they had roast beef again, and his horseradish(millers) was alot milder then the one we served.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We served roast beef from Federal meats on Xmas eve on Costanzos rolls, with Millers as well. My wife loaded the horseradish on her samwhich and one bite in she was sniffling and all teary eyed...of course I start laughing and then it slowly started to hit everyone at the table eating roast beef. Lol

Fast forward to today and while talking with my dad had says they had roast beef again, and his horseradish(millers) was alot milder then the one we served.

Weird huh? :)

You can breeze through a few bites and there's nothing then........................BAM! 

Man is it great stuff.

Where is Anacones located??

They closed their doors about ten years ago after a nice family-owned run of about 40 years.

Ken-Bailey area, and the neighborhood 'diversity' got to be too much.

I lived around the corner and left at about the same time, but I still keep in touch with the Anacone family. Nice people.

Hand-carved roast beef sandwich with the 'weck lightly dipped in au-jus, for about 3 bucks. I ate a lot of them in the 20 years that I was there. :sorry:

• Like 1

Your options would have been beef-on-weck, or either sausage or meatballs from the pot of sauce.

Stinky-feet Italian cheese or Miller's horseradish were the condiments available. They may have had mustard, but if someone asked for ketchup they'd get a spoonful of spaghetti sauce and a lecture. ;-]

• Like 2

Your options would have been beef-on-weck, or either sausage or meatballs from the pot of sauce.

Stinky-feet Italian cheese or Miller's horseradish were the condiments available. They may have had mustard, but if someone asked for ketchup they'd get a spoonful of spaghetti sauce and a lecture. ;-]

Dang......I love ketchup on my B-O-W. 

There is a place in Tonawanda called "Swiston's" that only has chili and B-O-W, no burgers or fries.  :)

As a matter of fact, I think I have a quick pic here......

IMG_3072.jpg

IMG_3071.jpg

• Like 2