OK guy's Call your lawmakers

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well arrowslinger then state why you don't feel a crossbow isn't a bow...  they have almost been around for 2000 years,first as a recuve or strait limb, later as a compound. Seems to me about the same development a a "bow" especially todays's 80 % let off and release aids.

well arrowslinger then state why you don't feel a crossbow isn't a bow...  they have almost been around for 2000 years,first as a recuve or strait limb, later as a compound. Seems to me about the same development a a "bow" especially todays's 80 % let off and release aids.

You shoot them exactly like you would shoot a gun....not at all like you would shoot a bow.

Maybe that's why they are allowed in gun season. ;D

I think many people don't try them because the conception  is that a bow it hard and you need to practice all the time, truth is once you set your (fiber optic pins) it really isn't that hard at all, and if you think crossbows are easy "as lot of people do" try sighting one in! you still need to be steady, get a good sight picture,estimate range(or spend more $ for a range finder) the BIG difference is a crossbow is easier to draw and hold for disabled(shoulder,amputation  for example) people which is what this bill is for allowing them a chance to hunt with a bow in archery season!

I think many people don't try them because the conception  is that a bow it hard and you need to practice all the time, truth is once you set your (fiber optic pins) it really isn't that hard at all, and if you think crossbows are easy "as lot of people do" try sighting one in! you still need to be steady, get a good sight picture,estimate range(or spend more $ for a range finder) the BIG difference is a crossbow is easier to draw and hold for disabled(shoulder,amputation  for example) people which is what this bill is for allowing them a chance to hunt with a bow in archery season!

Awesome.  Let's allow the disabled some extra advantage to get them in the game.

But let's agree that it IS an extra advantage....and stop with this ridiculous BS that a crossbow is no different than a compound.

The bill that allows crossbow now limits the drawweight,and size of them so i don't see what advantage a disabled person will have other than being able to get out in better weather during the archery season with equipment that allows them to overcome their disablity of not being able to draw and release a standard bow. so the maybe few thousand disable people that may.. join the ranks of bowhunters.

I suggest you read the bill allowing crossbows in gun and late archey season, then read this bill to allow use of them in the eary archery season for Disabled Hunters. i believe this is benifical for them and you should be supporting it. And don't give me the crap if you give em an inch they will make it legal for everyone. I would fight that as well (i personal would like a seperate season for them) This bill is for DISABLED HUNTERS and i don't think them as lazy.

The bill that allows crossbow now limits the drawweight,and size of them so i don't see what advantage a disabled person will have other than being able to get out in better weather during the archery season with equipment that allows them to overcome their disablity of not being able to draw and release a standard bow. so the maybe few thousand disable people that may.. join the ranks of bowhunters.

It is the advantages of a crossbow that enables them to be out hunting.  That is a good thing.

But we need not extend those advantages to those who do not need them....they can get off their butt and bowhunt anytime they wish to.  For some reason...they choose not to.  That is their problem.....not mine.

Awesome.  Let's allow the disabled some extra advantage to get them in the game.

But let's agree that it IS an extra advantage....and stop with this ridiculous BS that a crossbow is no different than a compound.

I bow hunt with a recurve and have no problem with bowhunters using a compound bow with all their new innovations and similarly have no problem with anyone using a crossbow.

Clearly, you fear that crossbow hunters will have an advantage over archers who use modern compound bows and perhaps the few remaining traditional bowhunters who still employ traditional archery.

You fear that the introduction of crossbows will impinge upon your bow season. I got news for you Robin Hood, the introduction of crossbows into the regular archery season is coming, better get used to sharing the woods!

I bow hunt with a recurve and have no problem with bowhunters using a compound bow with all their new innovations and similarly have no problem with anyone using a crossbow.

Clearly, you fear that crossbow hunters will have an advantage over archers who use modern compound bows and perhaps the few remaining traditional bowhunters who still employ traditional archery.

You fear that the introduction of crossbows will impinge upon your bow season. I got news for you Robin Hood, the introduction of crossbows into the regular archery season is coming, better get used to sharing the woods!

You cannot help yourself, apparently.

You are so full of yourself that you believe you can speak for me....such arrogance.

Seek help.

OK you guys, let me say this.

I am a disabled hunter. If this bill allows me to get out and hunt during the warmer weather of the regular archery season with my crossbow, then I am all for it.

As far as me taking advantage of the situation by using a crossbow, or infringing on "your woods"

then I feel that you are totally missing the point.

Point in question is: Allowing disabled or handicapped hunters to gain access to this renewable resource that we have in this great state.

As far as me (or any other hunter with a crossbow) having an advantage, I do not understand what advantage you are assuming we will have. 

Please rationally explain this to me.

The statements that are being made about this being a gun, are just plain BS !

A crossbow is nothing more than a compound bow, with a devise to hold the string in the drawn position,

and a release (trigger) and safety. That is in a horizontal position.

It will NOT propel a projectile any further, any faster, or more accurately, then any other compound bow on the market.

And if ANYONE that uses a crossbow, is willing to shoot at game at a distance of more than 40 yards, then in my opinion that person is an Idiot !

He is afraid of the added competition!

You have no business speaking for me....I am perfectly capable of doing so myself.

Then answer the question that you still haven't answered... any crediblity that you might have had when this thread started is slowly diminishing

I haven't seen anyone yet who doesn't agree that crossbows for the disabled is overdue.

Now....let's call a spade a spade.

Crossbows are advantageous over compounds.  If they weren't....you would be hunting with a compound.

No problem.  If someone needs the advantages of a crossbow to allow them into the woods, more power to them.

The problem comes when people advocate that those same advantages be extended to everyone....people who do not need them to have access to the woods.  If physically able folks want to be in the woods, they can....with NO rule changes.

He is afraid of the added competition!

You have no business speaking for me....I am perfectly capable of doing so myself.

Then answer the question that you still haven't answered... any crediblity that you might have had when this thread started is slowly diminishing

My viewpoint is clear.

If you ask relevant questions, they will be answered.  If you ask irrelevant questions, they will be ignored.

OK you guys, let me say this.

I am a disabled hunter. If this bill allows me to get out and hunt during the warmer weather of the regular archery season with my crossbow, then I am all for it.

As far as me taking advantage of the situation by using a crossbow, or infringing on "your woods"

then I feel that you are totally missing the point.

Point in question is: Allowing disabled or handicapped hunters to gain access to this renewable resource that we have in this great state.

As far as me (or any other hunter with a crossbow) having an advantage, I do not understand what advantage you are assuming we will have. 

The statements that are being made about this being a gun, are just plain BS !

A crossbow is nothing more than a compound bow, with a devise to hold the string in the drawn position,

and a release (trigger) and safety. That is in a horizontal position.

It will NOT propel a projectile any further, any faster, or more accurately, then any other compound bow on the market.

And if ANYONE that uses a crossbow, is willing to shoot at game at a distance of more than 40 yards, then in my opinion that person is an Idiot !

OK Arrow...you have lost all credibility now... how can you feel that an answer to a simple question about why you are so threatened by the crossbow is irrelevant... you're the one that said that crossbows hunters would have some kind of advantage.. what advantage is that? and if there actually is one.. how could it possibly affect any other hunters bowhunting experience?

I was going to refrain from saying this.. but your answers are starting to become very childish and uneducated

OK Arrow...you have lost all credibility now... how can you feel that an answer to a simple question about why you are so threatened by the crossbow is irrelevant... you're the one that said that crossbows hunters would have some kind of advantage.. what advantage is that? and if there actually is one.. how could it possibly affect any other hunters bowhunting experience?

I was going to refrain from saying this.. but your answers are starting to become very childish and uneducated

LOL.

You pro crossbow guys are funny.  You personally attack....and complain against personal attacks.

You insist on making it about my bowhunting experience.  I continually to tell you it is irrelevant.

It would not matter if the neighbor hunted with a crossbow...are you happy, now?  Of course, it would not matter if the neighbor hunted with a .270.....but I suppose that doesn't matter, since it does not fit your agenda.

As I said....it is irrelevant to the issue.

Its not personal, so lets not make it "you" having an advantage.

Not having to draw is a significant advantage....you disagree?

It is what makes bowhunting bowhunting.....yet you need not do it with a crossbow.