OK guy's Call your lawmakers

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not an opinion, its a fact. Just because states have different rules regarding different types of bows, doesnt mean any of them are not bows. That would be like saying they have different rules for different types of guns, so some types are not guns. Your line of reasoning doesnt add up.

Again, be ready to be disappointed when full inclusion comes, because it will come.  :P

Te fact is: Even in states where crossbows are permitted (nearly every state) during reguar season only or for the handicapped.. the user is required to have a valid ARCHERY Safety Certificate and ARCHERY Licence... sounds like archery equipment to me... but I'm sure somehow that is irrelevant too.

That would be like saying they have different rules for different types of guns, so some types are not guns. Your line of reasoning doesnt add up.

Great example....and precedent.  MZ and centerfire are both firearms, but we do not allow rifles in MZ season.

A crossbow may be an archery tool, but it is not a bow......and does not belong in a bowseason.

Thanks for proving my point! :P

Its not an opinion, its a fact. Just because states have different rules regarding different types of bows, doesnt mean any of them are not bows.

I wasn't talking about rules.

I was talking about definitions.

States' DEFINE a bow as long bow, recurve, or compound bow.  They DEFINE a crossbow as...well, a crossbow.

You are confused...it is your OPINION that a crossbow is a bow, but in state after state, it is not....BY DEFINITION. ;D

[it has a detrimental impact on bowhunting because it grows the sport of crossbow hunting at the expense of bowhunting.  And it diminishes bowhunting, allowing those who are too lazy to bowhunt a pathway to bowseason....an easy way out.]

You're kidding right??.. growing crossbow hunting at the expense of bowhunting?.. Give me one good example of that... and show me where it is any more lazy to shoot that , than a compound bow or any other firearm for that matter... I can show you lazy individuals hunting with all types of weapons.. that doesn't mean the weapon should be necessarily banned from use during hunting season.. you are really strtching here buddy and losing credibility fast... you're gonna have to do better than that silly boy

Te fact is: Even in states where crossbows are permitted (nearly every state) during reguar season only or for the handicapped.. the user is required to have a valid ARCHERY Safety Certificate and ARCHERY Licence... sounds like archery equipment to me... but I'm sure somehow that is irrelevant too.

I have no problem calling a crossbow "archery equipment."

But it is not a bow.  Just as we would define MZ and rifles as "firearms," but not allow a centerfire to be considered a muzzleloader :P .

Talk about threads that are a waste of time and words!  These crossbow threads are surely it.  I could care less if they were made legal during the bowseason for everyone and at the same time would never pay a cent to buy one of these contraptions for myself.  And it wouldn't matter if I was fit or pronounced legally lame by some doctor.  I have NO doubt that their implementation will have close to ZERO effect on hunter numbers and deer killed.  Waste of breath to argue anything having to do with them in my opinion.

so more hunters like the crossbow than the bow.. what does that have to do with anything... the bowhunters still get to hunt with their bows in OHIO from Sept 25 - Feb 6.. so how is that hurting bowhunting?? Wow.. you really stepped in it that time!

You are so quick to declare victory, you didn't even stop to consider the possible ramifications, did you?

Obviously......if the crossbow was illegal, like here in NY, those crossbowers would have a choice.

Bowhunt or sit home.

Equally obvious.....the ones that crossbow now (but would have bowhunted had crossbows been illegal) were cannabalized from bowhunting. 

Less bowhunters = bad for bowhunting.

So you're saying that bowhunters decided not to hunt because of the introduction of crossbows into the VA season? They loved bowhunting so much that they just decided to give it up because of crossbows? Are VA bowhunters that childish?... There isn't a single weapon that could be introduced into deerhunting that would make me give up any of my deerhunting... and certainly crossbow hunting during bow season will not affect me hunting with my recurve ever...

the fact that the numbers decreased was because either bowhunters were too big a bunch of cry babies and quit because of the crossbow or they decided they liked the crossbow much better and switched. If they switched then I suppose they didn't like hunting with their compounds and trad bows as much as they thought.

This game is easy.

OK anti-crossbow enthusiasts...... - Page 7 - The Michigan ...    15 posts - 7 authors - Last post: Jul 12, 2008When Ohio started allowing crossbows during the regular bow season their bowhunter license sales numbers nearly doubled the first year, ...

www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t...page... - Cached

they decided they liked the crossbow much better and switched. If they switched then I suppose they didn't like hunting with their compounds and trad bows as much as they thought.

That's the right answer....they switched. 

A more reasonable explanation than yours is that bowhunters "upgraded."  They believe crossbows to be sufficiently advantaged to dump their compounds and take up a crossbow.

A lot like, in NY, how many used their inline MZ to get more range than a shotgun, then dumped their MZ for a .270 when rifles became legal to get an even bigger range advantage.

and that didn't affect my hunting with a flintlock muzzleloader one bit.. so where is the problem..guys chose to switch weapons.. I didn't... no problem

Nobody told the bowhunters to switch.. they decided on their own.. they still could hunt with compound or trad equipment and chose not to... a better defence for you would have been if nobody switched .. meaning they still liked their old bowhunting.. but even at that... it would have been their choice and not affect anyone elses choice...

"A more reasonable explanation than yours is that bowhunters "upgraded."  They believe crossbows to be sufficiently advantaged to dump their compounds and take up a crossbow"

Similiar to all those archers who dumped their long bows and recurves for compound bows.

OK fellas.. Steve said this is all a waste of breathe so I guess we have to stop.. :P

No, you fellas can continue to your hearts delight.  I do however recommend the pictured product for some of those breathe odors that seem to be creeping thru the computers of us other members who happen to be reading some of this stuff since there is little else to read here the past few days.

post-724-131455414558_thumb.jpeg