FISHER!!

Lawdwaz

I'll agree fishers are very cool critters. I get a few pictures on trail cam every year but its rare I get many daylight pics, here's a photogenic little guy from last fall. Sorry if picture quality is bad on here... I also have a 14lb male mounted that was hit by a car in front of me years ago.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

A

Pic

Of the

Mount, I'd love

To her one. It's

Amazing to me

How

My fat freaking thumbs hit the enter button no matter

How hard I try

To avoid it

A

Pic

Of the

Mount, I'd love

To her one. It's

Amazing to me

How

My fat freaking thumbs hit the enter button no matter

How hard I try

To avoid it

Not a great pic but the only one I have in my phone at the moment. He was 14 lbs, male, hit by a car in front of me

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

post-5688-14599754153707_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Who said it was hard to stalk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL - Biz I think the term stalk suggests that you are sneaking up on the animal. Perhaps walked up and killed it is more accurate. Kinda like, I stalked up on the slug or snail and killed it.

• Like 1

LOL - Biz I think the term stalk suggests that you are sneaking up on the animal. Perhaps walked up and killed it is more accurate. Kinda like, I stalked up on the slug or snail and killed it.

Well to be more technical, I did have to cover a few hundred yards in snow as it scampered up a tree and was about to go into a hole in the tree. Put a bolt thru it just before it got into the safety of the tree hole. Shot it from the side under the armpit because I was worried about pinning it against the tree with no way to get it down.

• Like 1

It is really something how many are being spotted in the past couple years.  I know, they've been "around" for years but dang, they seem to be coming out of the woodwork lately.

Trail cams have been in use heavily for what, 10 years now? It sure seems like a heck of a population explosion to me.................

• Like 2

Yeah. Maybe they are dining on feral cats...and the unbelievable population of squirrels. Used to be, squirrel was a menu item for human beings. Not much anymore. So its on their menu. Nature abhors a vacuum. Had fisher tracks in front of the garage last month in the snow. Lots of tasty tweets at the bird feeder. Opening day of rifle two fishers scooted by. Photos of them on three of five ridges. It's the fisher's time now, especially with the price of fur so low. After all...they are the American sable. Almost itchin to trap them, skin 'em, tan 'em, and sew a couple into a stoll...that goes way back. :rolleyes: Given fur used to make a woman happy. 

Edited by Buckstopshere
  • Like 2

They do seem to be making a come back!  Hunting in the Cold river in the back of Long Lake I had one try to run past me on a log until I jumped up, gave me a good scare.  Ha, look at that thing running through the woods, O wait it is now on the log I am sitting on running at ME!!!  Yikes!  I think he was more shocked than I was!  

• Like 1

They do seem to be making a come back!  Hunting in the Cold river in the back of Long Lake I had one try to run past me on a log until I jumped up, gave me a good scare.  Ha, look at that thing running through the woods, O wait it is now on the log I am sitting on running at ME!!!  Yikes!  I think he was more shocked than I was!  

I don't know about you but I'd be "puckering" up in that situation. :)

Must have been a rush...............

• Like 1