Target shooting with daughter after 5 days of ballet

turkeyfeathers

So after 5 days of chaperoning my daughter for international ballet competition in Boston ,MA I decided to grab some man points back as dad points well banked. Took her shooting behind my buddies house with my Ruger 10/.22 and her youth 870 She's taking hunter safety course mid April. Wanted her more acclimated to gun safety and such. She impressed the heck out of me. 20 rounds of .22 at lasered 56 yards. And one shot of shotty at 35 yards. We've got her shotgun dialed in so bottom of pattern is all neck of bird with density in head. Just the way my turkey gun set up. I hate eating crunchies! She ended up shooting 90 rounds of .22 and 20 of shotgun. Basics of loading , safety , breath , squeeze , follow up shot with shotgun . We covered it all. Youth bird season can't get here soon enough

post-4567-0-42109700-1458851337_thumb.jp

post-4567-0-78146700-1458851373_thumb.jp

post-4567-0-09302200-1458851854_thumb.jp

post-4567-0-81933000-1458851890_thumb.jp

• Like 18

That's just awesome !

Our youngest (23) will be home for the week end , and I'd like to shoot with her as she got her pistol permit last Oct. but has'nt had as much trigger time as her older sister.

She doesn't have a pistol yet, and with her work getting back to just 40 some hours now is the time.

Good job with your's .

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 3

Who had the most fun? Dad or daughter? Real nice shooting young lady!

thats a tough call. My smile was ear to ear every time she rattled a pop can or when I saw her smile because she knew she did well. She was there last spring season when I tipped over a bird. Now it's her turn for me to watch. Never once regretted not having a boy. This girl does it all. Night crawlers on her own hook, fish off the hook since 4 years old. Liked watching me skin a fox , trapped muskrats with me , scouting birds with me since 2, incredible grades , extremely talented at ballet. I quit semi professional golf cold turkey to share these moments with her. I'd do it all over again. So proud of her for so many reasons
  • Like 5