Dog collars

Dom

I need some help as to what collars to use.I have a 1 year old beagle and seem no matter what collar I put on her she slips out of them.What collars do you all use that works the best?My pup is still in training but I'm getting a work out going after her when she slips her collar.

I have always used these and had good luck with them...and they clean up easy. Called "Day-Glo" and run about $7.00-$7.50 each. They can be bought  with the "D" ring on the collar as shown or with the ring as part of the collar. They can also be cut to length and holes can be added pretty easy.

post-7073-0-40043400-1458955520_thumb.jp

Fellow beagle owner here. Mine wears a standard web collar around the house and a no pull type harness when we walk. Now he used to get out of the harness a number of times when he was younger. In fact I had a piece of para cord that went from the leash to his neck collar as a safety for when he got out harness he would still be connected to the leash.

I have no idea how'd he get out of the harness as i could not get him back in without taking it all the way off .

He also broke out of his crate two times when I attempted to crate train him.....

Beagle are escape artists , keep the collar tight and your sneakers , a treat , leash and flashlight close by !

• Like 3

Nice pup in the photo but the tag caught my eye. If you hunt him, some folks rivet the tags to a leather or solid type collar. I prefer no dangling tags that could catch on a fence and hang them up and not be able to return when called. Just a thought not everyone does it. 

never mind. I was looking a Paula's beagle

Edited by RoadKill44

Perhaps. I used one for a short time. I run him with me on a bike as I can't run as fast as the dog . He learned if he dropped back the collar loosened and he could back out .

That time after a long search involving 3 family members and a car, we found him trapped in the center of a solar cover of a guys built in pool .....