Anti xbow question

stoneam2006

I'm more for the preservation of separate seasons, or a progression of seasons then anything else.....I own a crossbow and was quite content with the way it is/was. I felt the same way when they allowed scoped inline muzzleloaders into that season......I won't fight against it and will use it more if it happens, but am quite content with the split season.

• Like 3

I'm more for the preservation of separate seasons, or a progression of seasons then anything else.....I own a crossbow and was quite content with the way it is/was. I felt the same way when they allowed scoped inline muzzleloaders into that season......I won't fight against it and will use it more if it happens, but am quite content with the split season.

But it's not split...I'm ok with it being xbow only last 2 weeks of archery....but no verts then....but I'm sure that won't fly either

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

But it's not split...I'm ok with it being xbow only last 2 weeks of archery....but no verts then....but I'm sure that won't fly either

right, it's not really split if you look at it like that....but that would be harder then getting full inclusion.

right, it's not really split if you look at it like that....but that would be harder then getting full inclusion.

Right....I'm just looking for a logical reason for any archery enthusiast to be so anti xbow....unless they are strictly trad shooters.....then they can say anything they want. Lol

Right....I'm just looking for a logical reason for any archery enthusiast to be so anti xbow....unless they are strictly trad shooters.....then they can say anything they want. Lol

I'll give them the first week.

• Like 2

So first 2 weeks trad only

2nd 2 weeks vertical only

3rd 2 weeks xbow only

I'm in...that's a solid compromise

yup, now all I gotta do is buy a recurve and I'm in for all three...no complaints here at all.

Edited by jjb4900
  • Like 1

So are many new compound hunters....that's not a real reason that's a statement I would only expect from a liberal...just admit it....it's bc your worried more people out there hunting bucks you have been watching....don't like competition

• Like 1

My guess is that most who are against it fear the added hunting pressure, and not just from young folks, elderly, disabled and women. I have also heard some say they don't like to share the woods with people who don't want to spend or don't have the time required to develop proficiency with a regular bow.

I never could relate to the fact that some like to increase the challenge to themselves and tip the odds more in favor of the quarry. While the deer may get more chance to escape, what about more chance of being wounded and not recovered (they never seem to acknowledge that part)? Personally, I want the deer to have minimal chance of escape and minimal chance of being wounded and I have seen the crossbow help me in both those areas. I would post my "heart-shot" picture again, but that might push some of the anti's over the edge. I hope to maintain my 100% clean, one-shot kill record with my crossbow, which I was never able to achieve with a compound. That said though, I don't mind sharing the woods with those bent on the increased challenge and who prefer the traditional archery methods of recurve and longbow, or even with the compound guys.

I am holding back a bit here in my condemnation of the anti-crossbow folks because I think it is important at this time, when full inclusion finally appears near, that we put this behind us and reunite to keep our hunting tradition going in NY for many more generations. Dwindling hunter numbers hurts us all in the long run. The hunter is the best friend the deer has in NY, regardless of the weapon he chooses. United we stand, divided we fall.

• Like 2

My guess is that most who are against it fear the added hunting pressure, and not just from young folks, elderly, disabled and women. I have also heard some say they don't like to share the woods with people who don't want to spend or don't have the time required to develop proficiency with a regular bow.

I never could relate to the fact that some like to increase the challenge to themselves and tip the odds more in favor of the quarry. While the deer may get more chance to escape, what about more chance of being wounded and not recovered (they never seem to acknowledge that part)? Personally, I want the deer to have minimal chance of escape and minimal chance of being wounded and I have seen the crossbow help me in both those areas. I would post my "heart-shot" picture again, but that might push some of the anti's over the edge. I hope to maintain my 100% clean, one-shot kill record with my crossbow, which I was never able to achieve with a compound. That said though, I don't mind sharing the woods with those bent on the increased challenge and who prefer the traditional archery methods of recurve and longbow, or even with the compound guys.

I am holding back a bit here in my condemnation of the anti-crossbow folks because I think it is important at this time, when full inclusion finally appears near, that we put this behind us and reunite to keep our hunting tradition going in NY for many more generations. Dwindling hunter numbers hurts us all in the long run. The hunter is the best friend the deer has in NY, regardless of the weapon he chooses. United we stand, divided we fall.

9 times out of 10 it's not the weapon that wounds an animal, it's the person wielding it.

• Like 3

So are many new compound hunters....that's not a real reason that's a statement I would only expect from a liberal...just admit it....it's bc your worried more people out there hunting bucks you have been watching....don't like competition

You can't ask for an opinion, then get one and tell me it's wrong. But yes if the "competition" is wounding and spooking deer then yes that's what I mean. It's a quiet peaceful time in the woods with deer traveling naturally. Of course I don't want a target buck on edge. There is no debate that the archery hunter is a more dedicated, harder working hunter. He HAS to be.

And what's stopping a non-disabled crossbow hunter from hunting with a compound like the rest of us?

Edited by Belo
  • Like 2

You can't ask for an opinion, then get one and tell me it's wrong. But yes if the "competition" is wounding and spooking deer then yes that's what I mean. It's a quiet peaceful time in the woods with deer traveling naturally. Of course I don't want a target buck on edge. There is no debate that the archery hunter is a more dedicated, harder working hunter. He HAS to be.

And what's stopping a non-disabled crossbow hunter from hunting with a compound like the rest of us?

Want....I and many of us WANT to hunt with a xbow and it should be our choice....

And your reason was nothing more than trying to belittle xbow hunters and that's all....

Edit....I'm my opinion archery hunting is easier the weapon is not but the hunt itself is....deer are patterned easily then the rut is on....and no gun shot spooking them off....I see way way more deer during archery than I do during gun. So saying archery hunters have to be more dedicated is not true either....they just have to make sure they hit their mark

Edited by stoneam2006
  • Like 2

What is stopping a compound hunter from hunting with a recurve?

Other than they want something easier.

• Like 3

Nothing is stopping them, but maybe they WANT to hunt with a crossbow. Maybe it's their weapon of choice. You're not disabled, right? So why aren't you out there with a recurve, or self bow? I mean, surely traditional guys are more dedicated & harder working, right? They HAVE to be. You hunt with a compound, because it is what you LIKE.

You have that choice, so why not the guy who'd rather use a crossbow? Why should he have to use the weapon that you deem appropriate?

Do you have a muzzleloader? Is it an inline? If so, why should you get to use it during muzzleloader season? What's keeping you from shooting a Hawken, like the real black powder guys? We surely work harder & have more skill than inline shooters. Right? No, it's your choice, & none of my damn business.

As far as wounding, give me a break. Any weapon can be efficient when wielded by a hunter who has put in the time to learn it. Just like any weapon can wound when used by a hack. There's dbags out there who shoot too far, too late, too early, through brush, etc etc, no matter what weapon they hold.

Edited by Skillet
  • Like 3

I just don't want people who shoot guns thinking the xbow is an in to get a deer early. Everyone needs to understand that it's not a gun you can't take 60 yard shots out of the box and it should be required to have an archery course if you are hunting in archery season.

• Like 5