Oregon Militia & Other Western Militias

The misspelling of martial law was my fault. I was in a hurry to get the post up. The bad part is people who just follow, copy and paste words to make a fake point didn't catch it.

There is a thread here about Martial law, and the only people thinking it can't happen are the ones that think that little militia in IA will save them. Or the like.

Keep drinking the Obama/Clinton cocktails. Let Hillary sit on your lap while you have hands on for Obama. Make sure you point that mess away from your face.

Edited by ....rob

Such a poor misguided woman. Ignoring the facts that have been put out there because they don't suit her. When someone commits suicide by cop there are many victims and clearly she is one of them. Too bad she doesn't speak so strongly for the many others who are shot but are completely unarmed and not reaching for a gun after having promised to not be taken alive, Where are all the Papist's people of the world who have stood up for cops before saying how hard a job they have, how they are in constant danger from gun toting criminals.

Edited by EspressoBuzz

31 cops killed in the line of duty so far this year.

My point Rattler is that some of the same people who defend cops when  an unarmed black person is killed, condemn cops when a armed militia member who is carrying a firearm and has promised not to be taken alive is killed.

31 cops killed in the line of duty so far this year.

My point Rattler is that some of the same people who defend cops when  an unarmed black person is killed, condemn cops when a armed militia member who is carrying a firearm and has promised not to be taken alive is killed.

Don't you think that each case should be judged individually, based on the persons actions, whether they are armed or not, and not on skin color?

• Like 1

Oh if it could only be like that Ants, certainly I want law and justice to be applied evenly and often it is. Perhaps most disturbing is that there is video tape evidence of Finicum threatening violence and saying he won't be taken alive. Additional video of him running two roadblocks threatening more violence by "people who are coming" to the scene of the roadblock, leaves his vehicle demanding to be shot and reaches for his side arm twice before being shot.

So what do some people say? Conspiracy, Gov't cover up, assassination. Death threats are being made against nearly everyone involved including the judge and prosecutor. The cop who shot Finicum is trying to keep his name private because of death threats. Threats still continue against the wildlife refuge workers who did nothing and took 41 days off while the occupation went on. Some people on this very site told me the police road blocks we set up wrong and in wrong places like that proved that it was an assassination.

Oh if it could only be like that Ants, certainly I want law and justice to be applied evenly and often it is. Perhaps most disturbing is that there is video tape evidence of Finicum threatening violence and saying he won't be taken alive. Additional video of him running two roadblocks threatening more violence by "people who are coming" to the scene of the roadblock, leaves his vehicle demanding to be shot and reaches for his side arm twice before being shot.

So what do some people say? Conspiracy, Gov't cover up, assassination. Death threats are being made against nearly everyone involved including the judge and prosecutor. The cop who shot Finicum is trying to keep his name private because of death threats. Threats still continue against the wildlife refuge workers who did nothing and took 41 days off while the occupation went on. Some people on this very site told me the police road blocks we set up wrong and in wrong places like that proved that it was an assassination.

Yeah,,,it goes both ways.. The Michael Brown case is just one example. All the evidence was presented, the Jury made its decision and still riots, violence and the Officer involved resigned because of death threats to him and fellow officers.

Some people just have an us and them mentality.. Sad.

• Like 1

Yes, unfortunately the "Law" is always in that sort of crossfire which amplifies any appearance of misconduct or improper procedure. The reality is the Michael Brown killing touched off a powder keg of built up emotions involving the killing of black people. I got the sense it was seething below the surface of that community for a while.

Yes, unfortunately the "Law" is always in that sort of crossfire which amplifies any appearance of misconduct or improper procedure. The reality is the Michael Brown killing touched off a powder keg of built up emotions involving the killing of black people. I got the sense it was seething below the surface of that community for a while.

I assume you mean the "killing of black people", by white police officers. And in the vast majority of cases the police have been found to be justified. But again people with an us and them mentality, will always find bias or racism in those decisions. The powder keg grows by not looking at the facts but focusing on perceived racism or bias in such decisions.

Sad.

• Like 1

I assume you mean the "killing of black people", by white police officers. And in the vast majority of cases the police have been found to be justified. But again people with an us and them mentality, will always find bias or racism in those decisions. The powder keg grows by not looking at the facts but focusing on perceived racism or bias in such decisions.

Sad.

I should have said "killing of unarmed black people", mea culpa.

The number of unarmed unnecessary shootings that have been caught on cell phones and other forms of video in recent years has shown that it happens more often that we knew or imagined.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/investigative/2015/12/26/a-year-of-reckoning-police-fatally-shoot-nearly-1000/

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2016/02/08/black-and-unarmed-behind-the-numbers#.SzkSpWJ8m

BUT... to drag this back to the OP. Imagine if a black person had done the same thing and said the same words as Finicum did that day. Do you think he would have made it to the second road block? been able to reach for this side arm twice? or even been able to walk as far from his vehicle as he did before being shot?

I watched the video and I was shocked at the way he spoke to the law.

Edited by EspressoBuzz

The number of unarmed unnecessary shootings that have been caught on cell phones and other forms of video in recent years has shown that it happens more often that we knew or imagined.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/investigative/2015/12/26/a-year-of-reckoning-police-fatally-shoot-nearly-1000/

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2016/02/08/black-and-unarmed-behind-the-numbers#.SzkSpWJ8m

BUT... to drag this back to the OP. Imagine if a black person had done the same thing and said the same words as Finicum did that day. Do you think he would have made it to the second road block? been able to reach for this side arm twice? or even been able to walk as far from his vehicle as he did before being shot?

Armed or unarmed, in the vast majority of police related shootings, the police have been found to have been justified. Believe it or not, in some cases, it is justified to shoot an unarmed person. It all depends on the circumstances.

As to if a black had done the same thing as Finicum..Thats just your racial paranoia taking over. The car runs a road block, black women in the car, rounds hit the car, while the people are still in the car and not showing weapons, a black man bails out and runs around throwing his hands in the air several times before being shot…… ??? Really?? no riots given todays racial tensions???  OK

BTW Im still undecided on the whole Finicum thing, All the info isn't out there yet. Im saying based on the video.

Really? How he spoke to police? You defend Michael Brown's actions and condemn the way Finnicum spoke to police. You are amazing!

Really? How he spoke to police? You defend Michael Brown's actions and condemn the way Finnicum spoke to police. You are amazing!

I did not defend or condone Michael Browns actions. As the evidence showed that was a self defense by the cop. Do you have a reading comprehension issue?

Armed or unarmed, in the vast majority of police related shootings, the police have been found to have been justified. Believe it or not, in some cases, it is justified to shoot an unarmed person. It all depends on the circumstances.

As to if a black had done the same thing as Finicum..Thats just your racial paranoia taking over. The car runs a road block, black women in the car, rounds hit the car, while the people are still in the car and not showing weapons, a black man bails out and runs around throwing his hands in the air several times before being shot…… ??? Really?? no riots given todays racial tensions???  OK

BTW Im still undecided on the whole Finicum thing, All the info isn't out there yet. Im saying based on the video.

Having grown up in Brooklyn i can tell you it is not racial paranoia but it is anecdotal, in my own inner city experience I have see the kind of bias we are speaking about.

Having grown up in Brooklyn i can tell you it is not racial paranoia but it is anecdotal, in my own inner city experience I have see the kind of bias we are speaking about.

You have witnessed police involved shootings??? Or did you base your conclusions on what you heard from around the neighborhood.???

If in your inner city experience, you saw the Finicum thing unfold on your own block, exactly as it did, only the people in the car, and the man killed, were black….you would feel the same??? OK

Think you're the only one with "inner city experience"??

The Bundy's to remain in jail where they belong.

LAS VEGAS, April 21 (UPI) -- A federal judge in Las Vegas ruled that brothers Ammon and Ryan Bundy should remain in jail while awaiting trial for the 2014 armed standoff with law enforcement in southeastern Nevada that became known as the "Bundy standoff."

U.S. Magistrate Judge George Foley Jr. on Wednesday denied the brothers' motions for release from federal custody. Ammon Bundy's attorney, Daniel Hill, argued his client should be released because he was attempting to prevent violence during the incident and cautioned others against bringing firearms to free the Bundy's cattle that had been rounded up and corralled by the federal Bureau of Land Management near Bunkerville for nonpayment of grazing fees.

In the courtroom, Hill also attempted to paint a violent picture of federal abuse by the BLM against the Bundys, stating the agency "constructed and built a compound" of towers in the farmland with armed snipers who killed Bundy cattle -- also describing "mass graves of cattle shot from helicopters."

"There is an awful lot more to this story," Hill said.

However, U.S. Attorney Steven Myhre described Ammon Bundy as an outlaw.

"He's a violent man who does not follow the law," Myhre said in court. "He can have those ideologies and beliefs, but he can't take up guns to enforce them."

Last week, pleas of "not guilty" were entered on behalf of Ammon, 40, and Ryan, 43, as well as Ryan Payne, 32, Brian Cavalier, 44, and Blaine Cooper, 36 -- other defendants in the incident.

The five men were also involved in the takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Oregon earlier this year. They were transported from Oregon to Las Vegas by U.S. Marshals.

The brothers face several felony charges stemming from a 2014 conflict at the Bundy ranch in Bunkerville between their father Cliven, 69, and federal agents. The elder Bundy allegedly refused to pay fees for his cattle to graze on public lands, which led from federal pressure to the armed standoff. Cliven was arraigned for the conflict in March and refused to enter a plea.

Federal prosecutors said the brothers helped coordinate armed protests in Bunkerville, but avoided prosecution for about two years until their involvement with the armed takeover in Oregon in January.

Oh those darn Bundy's at it again! Just like a sad situation comedy where Jr keeps getting into the same kind of trouble again and again, here we go again! Bundy's defense for an armed occupation of a federal building is to challenge the right of the Federal Gov't to own land which has been settled by the SCOTUS not once but twice before. But hey what do judges who studied law for years know? Those judges must be fools or idiots or BOTH!

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/277562-bundy-feds-dont-own-oregon-refuge

https://www.justice.gov/enrd/history-federal-use-eminent-domain

Now I'm for giving the issue of Federal land ownership yet another day in court but do you think that an armed take over and literally crapping on a Native American burial site helped their case?

Ammon Bundy’s Defense is That 200 Years of Legal Precedent are Meaningless

By Hrafnkell Haraldsson on 

Tue, Apr 26th, 2016 at 8:00 am

Bundy plans to go all the way back to 1787 to overturn 200 years of legal precedence, citing previously unknown documents

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/04/26/ammon-bundys-defense-200-years-legal-precedent-meaningless.html

post-3152-0-21220900-1461691592_thumb.gi

Edited by EspressoBuzz