Well i guess i am a cell phone snob now....

ApexerER

So my wifes old droid something or other stopped working correctly so we went to Verizon to get her a new phone. We always have just gotten the "free phone" when you sign a contract and like clockwork the phone would die when the contract was up. So now there are no contracts, they put the price of your phone in your payment or you can buy it outright. So the lady starts showing us a $600 phone. I immediately say we don't need a phone like that, what else you got so she shows  us a $550 dollar phone etc. So the lady is explaining that some new phone is coming out next week so the price on the $550 phone will drop. So I talk my wife into waiting a week. So a week later I look at Verizon online and to see if there are any deals and they have the new Samsung Galaxy S7 buy one get one free. Now this is a $700 phone. So I go there and ask for the deal thinking I am sure my phone is going to die any day since our contract is up so I might as well take this deal and we will have two new phones at $350 a piece is what I am thinking. Well they tell me that deal is only for new customers. So I show on their website that is says nothing about that and they don't care so they start showing other options. So I tell them my option is to go across the street to AT&T and see if they will give me this deal...So I do, and not only do I get the buy one get one free, they waive the activation fee, we keep our numbers, gave us two wireless chargers and they are paying our last Verizon bill. So I got this phone and at first I am like, I don't really see what is so great about this thing. Well now that I have had it a couple of days, this thing is pretty awesome....Superfast, it takes better pictures than my actual camera (not that I am photographer) slow motion video is really cool. I might actually use this for more than just making phone calls. I love the fact that it is water resistant to 15 meters. I was a little nervous about the service switching to AT&T but so far it has been fine. We sure have come a long way from the Walkman sport that I used to think I was so cool for having. I better be careful, I don't want to find myself waiting inline for the S8 to come out....

• Like 4

the Smithsonian called , they want their phone back. ????

Always enjoy your posts Grampy

And I yours!

We could be over in Vermont or some of the places in the hills around here. And my old flip phone will work, while my wife's "smart phone" will not!

• Like 2

I think you mean 1.5 meters so around 5 foot water resistant. I got the 7 edge and completely agree with your opinion of the phone. Its freaking awesome!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That wasn't a typo, I thought it was 15 meters.....oh well, better than no water resistance at all....I got pushed off the dock with my phone in my pocket last summer and it didn't survive.....hopefully this one will if that situation happens again.....you know the situation of buddies being idiots

• Like 1

That wasn't a typo, I thought it was 15 meters.....oh well, better than no water resistance at all....I got pushed off the dock with my phone in my pocket last summer and it didn't survive.....hopefully this one will if that situation happens again.....you know the situation of buddies being idiots

absolutely! I think even if you dropped it in the deep end of a pool you'd still probably have some time to dive down to retrieve it without any issue. If you haven't tried the Samsung pay yet, you should, I love that feature!

absolutely! I think even if you dropped it in the deep end of a pool you'd still probably have some time to dive down to retrieve it without any issue. If you haven't tried the Samsung pay yet, you should, I love that feature!

I haven't tried it....little skeptical about having my credit card right on my phone....I assume by next year that will probably be the norm.....

There were a couple of video's on the water resistance....One guy was taking video while snorkeling....another one put his phone through a 45 min wash cycle in the washer. The phone made it through both....I won't be testing mine like that but it is nice to not have to worry about a little bit of water...

• Like 1

I always had the free flip phone that came with the contract until last June. Then we upgraded to smart phones. Mainly because I wanted to use some of the hunting apps. out there. I ended up deleting all of them off the phone, LOL.

• Like 2

I always had the free flip phone that came with the contract until last June. Then we upgraded to smart phones. Mainly because I wanted to use some of the hunting apps. out there. I ended up deleting all of them off the phone, LOL.

Antler insanity :free ap is pretty good for wind and such

Primos wind checker for a dollar pretty good too. You can save locations and check them out beforehand maybe choosing which treestand

I forget which hunting app I use but I love it ! After my stands are marked I take a screen shot and send it to my wife's and the land owners phones. Then each hunt they get a text which stand I'm using , shouldn't be an issue locating me .

Great for taking new people so they who's where and how to get to those stands if need be.

Like the feature where I can figure acreage as well.

• Like 1