New York Sportsmen's Day in Albany May 25th

tughillmcd

Yea, I can never understand the midweek crap...

that's when legislative body travels to Albany office.  If it was during a weekend participants would be talking to the walls.... more than they already are when legislative body is there.  some are actually on our side though.

that's when legislative body travels to Albany office. If it was during a weekend participants would be talking to the walls.... more than they already are when legislative body is there. some are actually on our side though.

Better they watch the news and see a couple thousand people rallying on a weekend then a handful from hanging out their windows. You talking to walls either way with NY politicians.

Do you ever take a day off work to go deer hunting? How about taking a morning off to go turkey hunting? How about taking time off because the fish are biting.

One of the sportsmen's biggest enemy's stands before us every morning in the mirror. When people are not willing to spend a vacation day to stand up for their rights and to show how much the outdoors means to them, how do you expect any legislator to believe that it is really that important to them?

Going to an event on a weekend is easy. The message that is sent when you go during the week is this is that important to me that I will give up a vacation day to make sure I am counted.

What is the excuse on weekends when a couple hundred people are all that shows up? It's turkey season, or walleye just opened or it was so nice I went golfing or there's a ball game on or.....?

The only reason there will only be a couple hundred people in attendance, is because it is not that important to the majority to be heard. That was evident in the 2014 elections. It is another election year.

If you choose to not go to events like this because it is inconvenient, are you going to vote in November? Or is that to inconvenient too.

You do not have to go to Albany on the 25th. That is your choice. But don't criticize those that are working to preserve our hunting, fishing and trapping heritage for our children and grandchildren yet to come. Remember your children reap the benefits of our efforts too.

And a few hundred people walking the halls in Albany while the legislators are there has a much greater impact on them than having any number of people outside on a weekend when they are not there.

Sportsmen need to wake up, unite and work together! We are one of the biggest voting blocks in the state, but far too many are apathetic, and we suffer the consequences of that apathy.

I will be taking the day off of work to be there, and I always allow my son to miss school on these day's so he can be there too.

The real question is, how concerned are you that as sportsmen we need to stand up and be heard?

I will be taking the day off of work to be there, and I always allow my son to miss school on these day's so he can be there too.

The real question is, how concerned are you that as sportsmen we need to stand up and be heard?

looks like i'll be there with a group.  hope it's a good turn out and not talking to a bunch of legislative assistants.

Sounds like a big waste of time, 

They decide who talks and what you will hear, yea sign me up for that one!

Bait a large number of people in to look like a groundswell of support for the planned  agenda , when in reality they are there for different matters that go unheard. 

I rest my case!

Why use a a vacation day to travel and get preached at when you can get preached at here? Scroll up a couple posts and enjoy and then save your vacation day for your family.

One of the sportsmen's biggest enemy's stands before us every morning in the mirror. When people are not willing to spend a vacation day to stand up for their rights and to show how much the outdoors means to them, how do you expect any legislator to believe that it is really that important to them?

Your only case is shoveling your own CB agenda while defining the narrative to suit you. Well I have news for you. Some of us don't like the smell of what you shovel.

My agenda is to promote the benefits of hunting, fishing and trapping across NY for:

1) It's economic benefits to the state

2) For the recreational uses of the sporting community

3) To secure the future of all outdoor sports for everyone

I will to do everything I can to help preserve our outdoor heritages for generations to come.

It is obvious that you do not know me. Although I am the point person for crossbow inclusion, crossbows are a very small piece of my agenda.