My first shroom

Paula

I just got this book (not for shrooms):

http://www.amazon.com/Field-Guide-Edible-Wild-Plants/dp/039592622X/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=ur2&tag=amazon_quicklinker-20&linkId=YNOO5BAVJ6AIEHXE

On Mushrooms I listen to Ray Mears (check him out on Youtube). He said in his book one of the first things he did when he was young was take a class on fungi. And he said it's such a risky business he won't even teach it in his bushcraft classes. 

have a bunch of friends out west and morels are taken with more seriousness than sheds. I bought the wife some spores off ebay for Christmas (as the odd ball gift) and haven't seen anything come up yet- figured it was the only way I could get into them around here. There are a number of threads on other forums giving tips where to find them but (again) I don't think theyre are many around here. Hen of the Woods is one we do have though.

Best of luck- hoping you find more and post some pics of them fried up as well

• Like 1

I read you should carry in a netted bag so the spores fall out and may repopulate? Being that I am to chickenshit to harvest mushrooms that could just be BS!!

I've heard that about the bags as well. Also afraid if I did find any and ate them I'd be talking to Jerry Garcia in no time