New deer virus can spread to humans

jasons75

I don't understand how so many people cut themselves while gutting a deer? Its not rocket science... I can't count how many deer I've gutted and never a scratch. A 3" blade is all you need to gut a deer and theres no prize for doing it as fast as you can... The smaller the blade the more room you have to work. Take your time and it wont happen.

I agree with you joe. I'm not gonna live in a bubble. I normally don't worry about things like nicks and scrapes...... I've got my fair share of battle scars......Nor do I worry about getting a little blood on my hands.... But I have a problem with oozing wounds. I won't be running out to buy rubber gloves though.

I don't understand how so many people cut themselves while gutting a deer? Its not rocket science... I can't count how many deer I've gutted and never a scratch. A 3" blade is all you need to gut a deer and theres no prize for doing it as fast as you can... The smaller the blade the more room you have to work. Take your time and it wont happen.

You dont usually cut yourself with the knife. You get a little scratch or nick from the edge of a broken or otherwise sharp bone edge. I dont know about you, but I dont want to be there for 20 minutes gutting a deer, I like to get it done and over with.

wow just another thing to worry about... i used to never use rubber gloves but for the past few years have. not for sanitary or infectious reason, its just simply so my hands are not full of blood when i am thumbing through my pack. no other reason really, i save my water bottle for the drag back not to wash my hands  ;)

O'Boyle rules. Stick that thing with a hot needle! I'm gonna be sick. Thats a keeper. I agree, I wear rubber gloves. Not for fear of infection's. Don't want my ham sandwich to smell like deer innerds. And the only time I have cut myself gutting a deer was on a sharp piece of bone. Actually twice.One splitting the pelvic and the other on a piece of rib bone my broadhead busted off.