projects around the house

maytom

Well, now that spring turkey season is over, back to the always pressing stuff that needs to be done around the house. Still doing some edging along with black mulch.

(Lowe's has 5 bags on sale for $10.00 still I think?) Want to plant another shrub on the side of the house, last one died off? Same time working on painting both bath rooms,

but those are an inside job when the weather gets crappy outside. I had a new shed put up last fall, want to put in a shelf to store smaller items on and clear up floor space, another project I want to get at this week. Keep working on my turkey displays down in the shop as well, again, weather related projects.

Then helping the girlfriend at her place too!!! No couch potato here!!! :cheese: 

• Like 2

Ive got a ton of yard work to do too. Lots of edging, weeding, mulch, and stumps to clean up once I get them ground. My front yard is still a disaster from National Fuel tearing it up and im aggravated as can be that they havent cleaned it up yet. The whole street is and the guy doesnt return our calls

Well I've got 300 feet of inlaid bricks to edge , and 14 yards of mulch to spread . Spreading the mulch is easy , less then a days work . The edging sucks , mostly getting rid of all the sod , that is a hassle .

Mowing is a pain in the rear and so is weed whacking. But I don't consider it a project, more of a chore with 6 acres I could mow every day for an hour almost. I spent last weekend builiding a 8x10 chicken shed and a 10x15 chicken tractor for my meat birds. This time of year I am super busy with projects, there is always firewood, lawn stuff, chicken stuff ect ect. I'm never done!

Edited by Doewhacker

Well I've got 300 feet of inlaid bricks to edge , and 14 yards of mulch to spread . Spreading the mulch is easy , less then a days work . The edging sucks , mostly getting rid of all the sod , that is a hassle .

Get a pressure washer and blast it off the brick!

Been busting my ars, the past week. Front & back yards are looking good. Pool is open, flowers and much are in, lawn and edging good. Still have to pressure wash the back patio and paint the mail box post and some trim around the garage doors. 

I almost forgot…..I put down some new flooring a few weeks ago and still haven't finished all the molding and transitions yet. The wife complains every day, before adding more to my list. Then she goes out golfing, or to the mall, or out to dinner with my daughters or….well you get it.

At our cottage 3 weekends ago I put our docks and boat rail system in the following week put a metal roof on cottage last weekend I framed in the eat in island for our kitchen. This weekend it will be adding the counter tops to it and the rest of the kitchen. I am hoping when this is done I can actually get out and do some fishing. The cottage was a complete re-model but I figured it wouldn't take this long. That water has just been teasing me!

Cabin is 7 years young and needs new stain. We did the shed a few weeks ago now next weekend the main house. Went with a dark color (Saddle leather brown) in the Benjamin Moore Arborcoat stain. It is a dream to put on, great product.

post-156-0-95532400-1464817050_thumb.jpg

• Like 2