Broadcasting Corn

I know I have read a couple of posts about people having good success planting corn by broadcasting it...   I can not find the post and was looking for some help on the approach that is used.

Without getting into all of the details, I am not able to use my planter, so going to try the broadcast method to get it done tomorrow.

Any help is appreciated.

Ground is tilled, so I was thinking about broadcasting, rolling, fertilizing and then rolling again...   just add water..

you will have to broadcast more than you normally would using planter. If it was me i would go close to double the amount per acre. For me i have a small section i till it up with the rotto tiller, then broadcast seed then till again then drive over it 100 times with the tractor tires.

I know I have read a couple of posts about people having good success planting corn by broadcasting it...   I can not find the post and was looking for some help on the approach that is used.

Without getting into all of the details, I am not able to use my planter, so going to try the broadcast method to get it done tomorrow.

Any help is appreciated.

Ground is tilled, so I was thinking about broadcasting, rolling, fertilizing and then rolling again...   just add water..

Throw the seed and fert and then drag a piece of fence with a tire on it or something on those lines. After dragging dirt on top of seed then roll it smooth. This is how i have planted in the pens with corn and sunflowers for years.  Works Great!

Well I have to plant a lot..but use the feed corn at 8 bucks a bag...so no biggy...the reason is every single wild bird, chuck,squirrel will go in and dig up most of it...after that they go in and yank the 2" plants out of the ground and leave them sitting there....

I fertilize then disc...this leaves furrows...I then walk the seed over the top of furrows or use the pull behind spreader...  next I attach the harrow drag to back of disc and disc drag(lightly) across the first furrows that the disc made...the harrow drag has tines up just to smooth dirt over furrows. You can roll after or drive the spreader filled with a few bags of Milorganite over the top of the field...smell helps with deer/rodents...not birds

I broadcast my soybeans and corn, I work the soil up nicely, then broadcast seed and "fert if your using it", then drag something to get the seed under the soil 1-2" deep. corn needs to be under the soil or it wont stand long.. soybeans you can leave right on top of soil if need be, as long as a good rain comes soon after.. i did this last year, cause my drag broke lol