First shots out of htx

stoneam2006

shooting till exhaustion may develop bad shooting form and habits......you may want to back off and build up slowly, stop way before you get to that point, shooting 100 arrows won't do you any better then shooting 20.

Yea once I get bow done I will set sight up slowly again start over basically then I'm going to try 1 shot a few times a day at different yardage and angle. Makes sence as that's only shot that counts

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So I moved my peep up a little bit now it keeps twisting and not lining up right...need you bow guys to help me out...or do I need a proshop to fix it?

Shoot about 100-200 shots and if the peep does not settle, bring it to the pro shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Shoot about 100-200 shots and if the peep does not settle, bring it to the pro shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So seems I jumped the gun worrying already settled in and is fine.. went up to neighbors and he helped me get sight redialed for 20 yards shot about 12 shots and called it a night everything was clicking and shot probably the best groups of my life...I will be ready in October only excuse this year will be me

• Like 3

So seems I jumped the gun worrying already settled in and is fine.. went up to neighbors and he helped me get sight redialed for 20 yards shot about 12 shots and called it a night everything was clicking and shot probably the best groups of my life...I will be ready in October only excuse this year will be me

Thats great!

• Like 1

October is a long way off and the season is long too.  keep doing what you're doing to maintain strength and keep from getting rusty.  shoot with your gear on and every week once it gets close to the season.

• Like 1

f9761f70d4187a723b7e85504ae337a5.jpge90e74c0c6eb44b152510f546739185c.jpg

But I really need to concentrate on my form...hit a few times normally from fatigue after 30 ish shots...won't wear and armband bc that won't break the bad habbit...

Stoneam the most common cause of string slap is a bad grip/elbow position. I posted on that. Read through n if you still have a prob or don't understand let me know

• Like 1

Stoneam the most common cause of string slap is a bad grip/elbow position. I posted on that. Read through n if you still have a prob or don't understand let me know

Yea i figured I was getting fatigued from pushing to long but my draw was to long also. Had it adjusted Saturday and haven't hit sence.

Too long of draw is another issue. I shot that bow tonight while I'm not a Mathews groupie it's a very nice bow. Actually loved the way it shot. Best of luck w it

I had never owned one before but shot the neighbors htr last year then he switched to the htx this year bc of the shorter ata and loved it so searched till I found a good deal. Love it so far

So I've been shooting daily but nothing has helped my confidence with the new bow and my form than waking up and in my pj's I walk out on my porch and shoot one shot. I highly recommend doing it if you can. Takes 30 seconds and it's one of the most rewarding exercises I do. That and drawing my bow at target with eyes closed to check alignment and level position.

Edited by stoneam2006
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

So new arrows came yesterday gonna glue in a few inserts for field tips practice and wait for my neighbor to help me glue my broadhead inserts in said he can help tune them so I'll wait and learn.975ef66caf7a4f6e3423e543482b661c.jpg

Are the new shafts already cut to length?

Stone

When I set the peep for someone, I have them draw and anchor with eyes closed and then open them.  If they aren't looking through the peep immediately or need to adjust, then the peep needs to be moved.  You don't want to alter your head position or anchor to find the peep.  Once you have it at the correct height, invariably, it will not sit perfect in the string, facing left or right.  This can be adjusted by moving a few strands of the string to the other side of the peep or adjusting how close to the peep you tie it in.  Its worth taking the time to set your bow up well from the start, including tuning (centershot and nock height).  I will keep at it until my bareshafts are lasers with my fletched.  Then you know, your bow is in its most forgiving state and arrows are hitting as hard as the bow will allow.  With a good string, you should get several years without needing to touch it again.

Enjoy the new bow.

• Like 1

Stone

When I set the peep for someone, I have them draw and anchor with eyes closed and then open them.  If they aren't looking through the peep immediately or need to adjust, then the peep needs to be moved.  You don't want to alter your head position or anchor to find the peep.  Once you have it at the correct height, invariably, it will not sit perfect in the string, facing left or right.  This can be adjusted by moving a few strands of the string to the other side of the peep or adjusting how close to the peep you tie it in.  Its worth taking the time to set your bow up well from the start, including tuning (centershot and nock height).  I will keep at it until my bareshafts are lasers with my fletched.  Then you know, your bow is in its most forgiving state and arrows are hitting as hard as the bow will allow.  With a good string, you should get several years without needing to touch it again.

Enjoy the new bow.

Thanks for info...I got bow paper tuned real well and it's shooting great. I moved peep and now is always there when I draw eyes closed its perfect. I was having issues with it but shot some and it settled into position. Now with the new arrows I'll get dialed in then broadhead tune but as of right now 0 to 40 (will be shooting out to 60 for practice 30 in woods) is all on center just getting the single pin lines adjusted for the heavier arrows. Then will dial in broadheads if needed....can't wait for the season....well I could use a few more weeks I guess