It was like...

growalot

Sitting on the edge of a fire works display that wouldn't end last night...lol

Man we were surrounded and the hill valley combo concentrates and echo's the sound ...so even stuff far away sounded close...all the noise none of the light show...windows seemed to vibrate at one point..new neighbor really likes the big stuff. Screamers seemed to have been a hit as well...9:30-12:30...Hope everyone had fun and stayed safe.

I thought that might get people talking about fire works in their area or their own displays...

Grams sitting tonight so Rivers Mom and Dad can hit the lake on the ski boat and be there for the ring of fire. I've been pup sitting for the week so daughter could have some time away...I remember those days.,But we were the ones putting on the displays back then.

Niagara County made it legal to buy sparklers(?) and shoot off last year. I counted 4 tents selling fireworks in a 4 mile stretch between Millersport and Lockport on route 78. The first being just a mile from Erie County.  I never heard some much noise as I did last night. For sparklers, they sure make a bang.

• Like 1

We went to my wife's cousin's cottage at Conesus Lake next to Long Point Park . People were setting off fireworks all over the place . Saw a lot of those Hot Air Bags floating in the sky . Wondered if they would land and cause a fire .Some know it all said once the fire goes out , the air cools and they come down so they aren't hot . I saw a couple of them with the bags catching on fire and dropping last summer and a couple guys got in their pickup and chased down the bags and put out the fire . 

I hate working nights on the Forth ,because of all the drunks setting off fireworks in the city, then all the calls to check out people's roofs and such. Most of the calls are fakes they really want the cops to make the neighbors stop, but that's a very low priority call for them and the wait can be quite long, so,they call us .

As for Chinesee Lanturns those floating bags with the sterno can blazing away, yes the can and do cause grass and once I responded for a tree fire. One of my guys had one land on his car hood in his driveway and left a nice burnt ring on his hood.

Never underestimate the stupidity of people , a month or so,back we had a house fire caused by a flare gun ..... Sons friend left it behind, Dad found it , what's this ? I think I'll pull the trigger inside my living room ......

Anyways I called in tonight, the Mrs got a new hip Friday morning and I'm here taking care of/ helping her .

Edited by Larry302