Winchester Bonded Ammo for Deer

eagle rider

Here's my experience with Winchester ammo ..... straight out of the box. It took sending two boxes back to Winchester at some ugly amount of un-reimbursed postage in order to get back some weird "Winchester Dollars" that was slightly less than what I paid for the original boxes. I am pretty much done with Winchester ammo forever. If something like this can get through their "quality control" just imagine the kinds of internal screw-ups they can accomplish.

bullets1.jpgbullets3.JPGbullets4.JPGbullets5.JPGbullets6.JPGbullets7.JPG

I think they all run a cheaper line (Fed Power Shock. Rem Core Lock. Win Power Points). As far as the major producers go. I've seen squib loads from Hornady. Had misfires in Core Locks. Jacket Separation in the same. And soft jacketed Fusions from Federal that made the inside of my barrel look like stripped copper wire. I even posted about that. I've seen very good performance from the Winchester Ballistic Silvertip Line (Black Box) in 270 WSM and 30-06. Anyways I bought a bunch of boxes of this stuff. I'll let you know how it works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before I reloaded that's what I used in my BAR 30.06, with great results. It grouped great and held together very well. 

That's great to hear. Been looking for a tougher 270 Win load for a while. Hopefully this will shoot well in the A-Bolt.

Although I now reload almost all my ammo I have learned the hard way premium ammo is premium for a reason I will say that the Winchester bonded shot same holes as Xp3's and that makes it great cheap plinking ammo without having to adjust scopes because XP3's is what I shot out of everything before I reloaded.

I shot this ammo from my 06 and shot a buck with it first day, I wasn't impressed. Small hole in small hole out and it went through the bucks front shoulders, he was running and dropped at the shot. 30 minutes later I waded out in the brush to get him and he was laying there fully alert and tried to get back up before I finished him off with my 357. That deer would've lived quite awhile I believe, funny part is my 357 round entered an inch below the 06 hole and exited the same on the other side and the deer expired in seconds. Could've been just a fluke but I won't use them again. Yes the deer dropped and wasn't going anywhere but I've seen better results from other bullets so I won't bother giving them another chance.