How often

How often do you check your cameras??? Do you go in scent free??? Do you spray the camera and area down with scent elimination??? Just wondering.... I go in with rubber boots.. Spray my camera down and the tree it's in.... I try to check no sooner than once a week... 

Anticipation gets the best of me, so I swap SD cards about every 7 days or so. During early SZ bow season, swap memory cards every time I pass by or hunt near a cam. Never longer than 5-7 days. Towards the end of October and beyond, check cams much more often for obvious reasons!

This is an interesting situation! Wish there were some science or data to determine if deer actually get acclimated to routine intrusions, noises & scents and are able to access it as non-threatening. Or is it better to try and be as scent-free as possible while checking cams and then when deer get the slightest trace of your scent during hunting season, do they avoid it!?! Sometimes I believe me try to "out think" ourselves! Whatever works for your situation!

To each his/her own, but here's how I put out & check cams. Cams taken out of box, batteries & memory cards installed, carried into woods with street clothing & work boots, similar attire worn when swapping SD cards - lots of my scent left around. Sure I get close-ups of deer's heads, ears &/or noses, but the property I hunt has a lot of work activity and ATV riding by owner from spring to fall. So I'm guessing in an area that has less or no intrusion, scent may be a problem. IMHO - Think the deer are more spooked by the flash &/or the red indicator LED coming on, than any scent left around! Works for me where I hunt!

• Like 1

Agree , after the season I might not get back for three months , this time of year who knows three weeks? It's to freakin hot for me to be in the woods .

I hunt farm land, I've watched monster bucks come through , minutes after workers left after  bulldozen trees and burning stumps. So,no I don't spray down or anything , my cams are not anywhere near core bedding areas or other off limit spots, most are not where I have stands .

I do really enjoy seeing what's on the cards , it's way cool . I just don't place them near where I want to,hunt as I want to stay away from those spots.

• Like 1