Weird need some advice

Chef

So today I decided I was going to broadhead tune my bow/ my nocturnal soft my new x sized arrows came today. I put the nocturnal on a shaft with a field point and shot a few shots, they were kinda all over the place still within 3 inches of center but all over mostly to the left and low... Then I put a broadhead on a shaft that still had the factory nock on it and took a few shots.... All dead center..... Kinda thinking I should just skip out on the lighted nock's..... What are your thoughts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lighted nocks weigh more (I think in the range of 20+g) which can impact poi (lower poi) and make an arrow act dynamically stiff (hit left for a rt handed shooter), especially if the arrow was close to being too stiff.  If it tunes better without the lighted nocks, don't use them IMO.

• Like 1

The lighted nocks weigh more (I think in the range of 20+g) which can impact poi (lower poi) and make an arrow act dynamically stiff (hit left for a rt handed shooter), especially if the arrow was close to being too stiff.  If it tunes better without the lighted nocks, don't use them IMO.

Yea I think you're right I think they are throwing off my FOC weight. I may try a 125 grain broad head or may just leave it alone. Honestly I was shocked... I just had a new string and rest put on the bow and had the bow shop test the timing on the cams, and the broadheads muzzy mx3's flew dead nuts on with field points with no actual tuning needed... Guess the guy at the shop did a good Job.

LIghted nocks will change your life.  The second guessing of a shot is gone, its clear as day where the arrow travels and hits a deer.  I shoot firenocks as well and never had a problem other than them turning on randomly if I bump the bow once in a while but not enough to concern me.

On 9/16/2016 at 2:12 AM, wdswtr said:

LIghted nocks will change your life.  The second guessing of a shot is gone, its clear as day where the arrow travels and hits a deer.  I shoot firenocks as well and never had a problem other than them turning on randomly if I bump the bow once in a while but not enough to concern me.

Field & stream was selling single nocturnals for $10, so I had to get one. Shot it twice. Wow! This is kind of amazing. I can't wait to get outside at a longer range.

I hate that they throw the arrow off from a normal one due to the extra weight. I guess unless a person has a whole ton of them they just set the bow to the few they have and get used to practice arrows hitting a hair high on the target.

I've fired this thing a bunch including with slow-motion on my phone. This is amazing. Think I will buy another pack or two. The reason I filmed on the phone is it really showed me the trajectory of the arrow, helping to confirm what paper testing had told me but also showing there is a little porpoising I can possibly fix. My phone does 240 FPS. However, I've also seen still images of arrows with these nocks and those probably work even better, because the light bobs around on the arrow as it flies.

I'm surprised to say I've never seen these used in real life; not one of the people I've come across at the range use lighted nocks. Other than the 20 grain addition of weight (minus whatever a normal nock weighs, probably just a few) and price I don't see any drawback.

I decided to not used them the flight of my arrows with them was very irregular. Without dead on these are my last two shots without... Took about 10 total with two different broadheads and a field point. All very similar. 9e4daf410ed4fd8e7506578f71a39a0a.jpg6834a77d9f07b83728695daf12304f92.jpg