Camp update

Chef

So a while ago I started a thread about my new camp, and a neighbor with a stand on the line. I was very nervous because the only shot that could be taken from the stand was onto my land.

So I finally met the neighbor. I've been meaning to go introduce myself for a while now but I wanted to wait till my partners in the camp got back from their honey moon. Well it didn't work out that way. He must have seen me and@jmp5008 driving the back road after hanging a stand and decided to come over and introduce him self. He turned out to be a great guy. He did a lot of handy man work for the people that has the house before us, also plowed the driveway and took care of the lawn. We discussed that a bit and I will work out a price with him at a later date. He would also go in the house and start fires and turn the heat on for them in the winter before they would arrive at the house.

So now to the stand, I asked him about it and he said it was his but it's very old and he has not hunted it in years. He said that the people who owned the house before the people that I bought it from had purchased the additional land from his father and that the stand was abandoned at that point. We talked about deer hunting what I've seen and some spots that he knows are good. He offered to use his tractor and help clear some of the logging debris to make a food plot, for a fee im sure.

We left it that he will come over for a drink soon when my partners get back so we can get to know each other better. I'm actually pretty happy about that as I can see him becoming a good friend and neighbor in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I have the same deal at my camp. My neighbor is like a brother to me. He does all those things for me that you talked about. Best part is he is up there full time watching over the place. Take it one step at a time to feel each other out. Sounds like it will be a good relationship! 

Very nice.also sounds like a similar situation i ran into this past weekend,on grandparents property i hunt.we were out in driveway getting chains on tractor for this winter when new neighbor pulled up.introduced himself and let us know hed b hunting the woods just north of us that he'll show me his stand locations that way there is no accidental slugs flying by the both of us.

Edited by doebuck1234