Beef

Paula

Paula you can use this as  a guide.

http://www.sevenbridgesbeef.com/order/

Prices vary from seller to seller and the cuts vary also depending on if you buy a 1/4, 1/2, etc. Try to "try before you buy" if possible. We bought a 1/4 one time and the whole thing was terrible. If you get good beef it can be worth it but you get bad beef it really isn't a good deal as we learned.

I've been buying beef directly from a farmer for the last two years.  First year split a half with a friend.  Last year bought a half myself.  This year I didn't order one because last year I started hunting and we took a liking to venison.  So this year I hope to get some doe to limit the amount of beef needed.  Anyways, I bought direct from a farmer that had a very small herd.  They were fed apples and corn.  I liked this because having a small herd they were given better care I feel.  Also they were hormone free and antibiotics were not needed.  I picked it up locally and all the meat was vac sealed when I got it.  The first year the beef was way way better than anything I ever bought at wegmans.  The second year it was way better but not way way better.  But still way better than wegmans beef.  To answer your question I remember paying $4.05 a pound I think.  You get everything from lots of burger to any of the best cuts of beef you can think of.  I also got some nice brisket which was awesome in the smoker.  So $4.05 a pound and if you buy a half the total depends on how big the cow was.  I think my half was something like 400# but they can be much bigger

• Like 1

OK so through a family member i was given a price per pound hanging weight for a quarter. Never buying it i thought it was a great price, he said take home would be about 120 pounds. Then he said there is a process fee, That is what i think is changing my mind. The price per pound would still be less than your price and less than Steve's link.

17 minutes ago, Paula said:

OK so through a family member i was given a price per pound hanging weight for a quarter. Never buying it i thought it was a great price, he said take home would be about 120 pounds. Then he said there is a process fee, That is what i think is changing my mind. The price per pound would still be less than your price and less than Steve's link.

so what is the price? what do you end up with as a price per pound for his estimated 120#  yield?

6 minutes ago, Grizz1219 said:

split a cow every year with two others..... We pay a total of $3.11 per pound hanging weight... it is a steal though... born and raised right in my home town.... no growth hormones... nothing..... just left to grow... best beef EVER... 

Yeah. she's got a killer deal and 3.05 /# finished cut weight.