Airedale Deer Recovery

airedale

16 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Our house/yard dawg when I was a kid was an Airedale

Same with me Dan and I have not been without one since that time

A lot of hunters use these Airedales for varmints below is a photo I pulled from a video of an Airedale named "Earl" going under a windfall and pulling out a wounded Coyote, a pretty tough job to say the least.

Al

2016-12-16_112326_zpslvctyfxn.png

Edited by airedale
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, hunterdan44 said:

Nice pics are these dogs blood trailers?

There are several that are formally trained as blood trailers, some were just brought to the last known position of the deer and they tracked them up and found them ether by foot scent or blood. I have used my own  Airedales on occasion several times just putting them on the track for Fox and Coyote that kept going after being hit by a shot gun and have them track them up and find.

Al 

• Like 1

Never mind that...ask if they shed...lol...I love terriers but I have to have a dog that I can train without having shock collars to not leave my side unless allowed......I've never found one I could take to the woods and not have their natural scenting instinct take over... going to ground...They are a great animal to watch work...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, travisrage said:

That's awesome are they hypoallergenic?

20 hours ago, growalot said:

Never mind that...ask if they shed.

I do not believe there is any dog breed that is completely hypoallergenic, it is a dog's skin dander for the most part that causes any allergies. There are some breeds that seem to have less dander than others and some believe the Airedale breed is one of them but I have never seen any real scientific evidence proving it.

As for shedding it is the same, all dogs will shed except for one of those hairless breeds and some breeds shed more than others. A good brushing a couple of times a moth is the best solution for shedding dogs.

Al