New tumbler

Finally got to use the new tumbler I got a couple weeks ago. It's a frankford arsenal and uses stainless steel media. I threw a random assortment of brass in it consisting of 223, 243, 270, and 35 Whelen. Let it go in a solution of water, armor all wash and wax, and Lemi shine for three hours and this is how they came out. I'm very impressed with it, the brass looks brand new. a5d4d34c96d80e58f1389bbbf6b59fde.jpgf5278f6295dec75a6aa7a46211fd91e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hot damn, that stuff is PURTY !!

It is one thing I have never invested in.....I embarrassed myself in a brass swap with a member on this forum, who no longer posts ..<<<WHERE THE HECK ARE YA, BUBBA ???>>>

I sent him a bunch of dirty (but functional) brass  and he swapped me back some of the cleanest brass I have ever had..

I felt kind of like a scrounge at first, but I got over it.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

It is one thing I have never invested in.....I embarrassed myself in a brass swap with a member on this forum, who no longer posts ..<<<WHERE THE HECK ARE YA, BUBBA ???>>>

I sent him a bunch of dirty (but functional) brass  and he swapped me back some of the cleanest brass I have ever had..

Haha thank you!

Luckily this is very easy to do as long as the brass is reusable. Just toss it in there and forget about it for three hours. 

3 hours ago, Pygmy said:

I got some 270 brass that Bubba had resized for 25-06 and it worked great . 

As for the original post , I never heard of stainless media . 

13 hours ago, SuperMag said:

Finally got to use the new tumbler I got a couple weeks ago. It's a frankford arsenal and uses stainless steel media. I threw a random assortment of brass in it consisting of 223, 243, 270, and 35 Whelen. Let it go in a solution of water, armor all wash and wax, and Lemi shine for three hours and this is how they came out. I'm very impressed with it, the brass looks brand new. a5d4d34c96d80e58f1389bbbf6b59fde.jpgf5278f6295dec75a6aa7a46211fd91e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW, that even cleans the inside!

I got a Central Machinery (Harbor Freight) replacement for my old vibratory Midway tumbler that has served one for ovor 15 years before it went belly up. It uses the same bowls as my old one.

I've only used corn cob or walnut shell for media. Either just packs up inside and doesn't clean the interior. I may have to look into your SS/wet media.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wildcat junkie said:

WOW, that even cleans the inside!

I got a Central Machinery (Harbor Freight) replacement for my old vibratory Midway tumbler that has served one for ovor 15 years before it went belly up. It uses the same bowls as my old one.

I've only used corn cob or walnut shell for media. Either just packs up inside and doesn't clean the interior. I may have to look into your SS/wet media.

I am sure you are on top of this tip but figured it would be good to add. I cut up strips of old used dryer sheets and toss in when tumbling in corn cog or walnut. they pick up all the dust generated and can easily be pulled out to discard.  I have to look into the SS media as well. 

good thing about SS media is it can be rinsed, drained, and reused practically forever i'd think.  expensive but worth it.  would you need a barrel type tumbler instead of the conventional vibrating tumbler?  i've known people using both but no idea why you would use one versus the other.

16 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

good thing about SS media is it can be rinsed, drained, and reused practically forever i'd think.  expensive but worth it.  would you need a barrel type tumbler instead of the conventional vibrating tumbler?  i've known people using both but no idea why you would use one versus the other.

It is primarily made for use in a rotating tumbler and probably works best as such. However, PEOPLE ARE USING IT IN VIBRATORY TUMBLERS. so I'm going to look into it.

I hate the fact that corn cob packs up into the primer pockets and interior and sometimes I have to pick it out of some of the primer pockets after I use my rotating separator. Even when it doesn't, the primer pockets and interior of the case do not get clean.

Edited by wildcat junkie
  • Like 1

Thanks guys,

i've never used the corn cob media, as I'm new to tumbling. Mine is a rotary tumbler. If you're looking into using SS media in the future id definitely recommend it. The primer pockets on these are just about spotless. I also found it cool (yet weird) that i didn't find a single piece of media inside any of the cases. You would think that the small pieces of SS would be in the brass from getting moved around so much.