Thread is locked, move along please.

Ive always been cool with people who want to believe...i have no religion...but if i were to try to relate myself to one..id say wicken..they believe in earth  sun moon stars etc...things you can touch see and feel

So then your a rune stoner  :)  haha jj  :D

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said..i welded/fabricated for 11 yrs..i built some awesome things with some talented people..all under the influence..society frowns upon usage because of legality...ever see that girl who melts into the couch commercial?..i never felt like that..i quit cause i had kids..but before that had some good times with my ol lady..our cancun honeymoon was the best time ill never forget..ive also met thru osmosis all walks of people..even an 82 yr old woman..im not trying to encourage..just relaying my experiences..if you havnt been there ..you only know what is taught to you..

Who said..i welded/fabricated for 11 yrs..i built some awesome things with some talented people..all under the influence..society frowns upon usage because of legality...ever see that girl who melts into the couch commercial?..i never felt like that..i quit cause i had kids..but before that had some good times with my ol lady..our cancun honeymoon was the best time ill never forget..ive also met thru osmosis all walks of people..even an 82 yr old woman..im not trying to encourage..just relaying my experiences..if you havnt been there ..you only know what is taught to you..

Been there done that....if drugs are your thing, then you move onto more serious ones, not a middle school drug that makes you lazy...something that can help you party through a week straight at the winter music coneference in South Beach or Ibiza, etc...i just think its funny that people who graduated college, still smoke.

First, It is a misnomer to call Pot a drug.  The government calls it that so it can be banned and controlled under narcotics laws.  It is a weed that effects your mood and mind but by no means through pharmaceutical man made methods.

Second, using pot does not lead to the use of other drugs.  Plenty of people have smoked pot for decades and still don't use anything else.  If the escalation to harder drugs myth were true, all pot heads would eventually die from an over dose of heroin. 

Evidence also indicates if pot were legal, the use of harder drugs might decline.  The risk for using harder drugs would be higher if legal pot were available.  It makes no difference currently, since the penalty for use and possession of all controlled substances is currently equal.

That's OK antler, but if it were true that pot absolutely leads to harder drug use, how could any state allow it to be used for medicinal purposes?  It's not the pot itself that makes a person use other drugs, it's the person's desire to abuse drugs.  Data proves there are millions of pot smokers in America that have smoked it for decades, but never even tried any harder drugs.

Imagine if the government wanted to ban hunting and said that hunting animals eventually leads to the killing of people.  It's propaganda and not verifiable from any actual data.  Although you may see murderers often killed a lot of animals prior to killing their first human.

The other paragraph about the lower use of hard drugs where pot is legal comes from data that is currently being collected from areas in the country where pot has be legalized for medicinal use, or where the possession laws are not being enforced.

BTW, I do not smoke any pot or use any type of drugs, I don't even drink to excess, as I'm a fitness buff.  No one in my family does either and most are in law enforcement or the military.  I just have to throw down a flag whenever I see the government lying to the public about anything for it's own oppressive reasons.

Well I also have to disagree, pot can be a gateway drug. I work in a rehab and there is hardly ever an empty bed here and alot of them will tell you the stories of how they go from one drug to another and it all started when they were kids smoking pot. On the other hand it is not a violent or potentially deadly drug when compared to what else is out there.

I am not a professional in the field by the way, and these are just my personal observations aswell. I am in the back in the kitchen and housekeeping departments but beleive me we see and hear alot of crazy stories and people...kinda like this forum..lol

If legalized..the first thing id do...buy stock in hostess and little debbie..haha.. did you know the hemp industry(lincolns wife was an heiress to the hempire) was thwarted by the paper industry...hemp products are a long list..this country needs new industry..maybe not the only answer..but a start..my first drug as a kid..a couple beers..legalize and treat it like booze..legal smoking age..no driving..ive also heard comments about how the government wont legalize cause you could grow it..not everyone makes beer..but you can if youd like..6 weeks minnimum b4 a plant is mature from seed

Well I also have to disagree, pot can be a gateway drug.

I believe it can be also.  So who actually wants their kids to start using pot?  And what are some of the reasons that we don't want them to start?? Just think about it for a few minutes and one can see that nothing good can come out of it.

Well yeah, I don't want them to become alcoholics, smokers, mass murderers using guns either.  I am glad that there are laws limiting and restricting some of this stuff too.  I think trampolines are a broken neck waiting to happen and don't own a pool and wouldn't leave my kid unsupervised at a place that did have one. I guess I am a big nitpicker then, but I rather be safe than sorry.

Im in 10th grade, and all u see in my school is people coming to school high or not coming at all. Drugg searches all the time with 2-3 people at the least being pulled out for having drugs. It dosnt stop at pot though, in my school we have kids snorting x, perscription pills, molly ( which is a mix of cocain, weed, exctesy, and a bunch of other stuff), Vikidon, all that crap. Its bad. I laugh everytime i see people dealing becuase id rather get high off the thrill of pulling in a big bass or dropping a big deer.

I am in school.  :D  this is one of the very few websites the school hasnt blocked. I went back and forth with the Dean of Students when i first started the site and Argued for a good 1 1/2 about letting it be unblocked. He likes me so he unlocked it only for my username though when im in school. It also helps that my mom babysits his kids and his family is the local butcher and he cuts up my deer and we talk about hunting all the time so i  got lucky! i still have to pay $85/deer though but ohwell.

Arent you supposed to be  in school then?..hahaha..what are you doing on the net when yer supposed to be  in school...lol...jk

$85 a deer??  You need to learn how to do it yourself so you can save that cash and put more meat in the freezer.  I never paid to have a deer cut up, cause my mentors showed me how to do it when I was 15.  That was 40 years and at least 30 deer ago.

I'm not saying pot can't be a gateway high,  but it isn't always a gateway high.

my grandfather is getting older and is sstarting to have the butcher do it so i dont have anyone too show me cuz my dad takes his to the butcher too

Ask your Grandpa to help you do it.  He can just watch you and instruct you.  I think he'll be happy you want to do it.  If he knows how to do it, he can tell you how to do it.

We do it with all the hunters in the group helping out.  Only takes about 1 hour from the start and we have a good time telling stories and joking around while we do it.  It can be a good time.  Most times we butcher two or three deer in a night when we have a good season.  Everyone gets their share of the meat to take home.

Influence children? Ever sit and watch the news with a kid that understands whats  being said..here our local news is from buffalo..woohoo..my son asked me..dad why do they hardly ever show good stuff on the news..wouldnt people rather watch somthing nice?...that got me thinkin..

I wonder if the news didnt report the bad stuff..kids would learn that those kinds of things dont happen..

Does that make sense?

Im willing to bet the news..and perhaps tv itself is the biggest influence to kids..and theres some pretty scary crap on there..

Just a thought

I smoked a bit.... Well a lot as a teen... And in college.....I quit just before my first was born.. Wish cigarettes were that easy.....

Nowadays i'm a stress-aholic. I've had it suggested that I should try smokin up a little.

Dr's are quick to prescribe pills for everything. I hate pills... IMHO most pain and anxiety drugs should be illegal! 

I know people that have had there lives ruined after being prescribed things like vicodin and oxycodone...( can't remember any of the ones used for anxiety) and a few died from ODing on pain killers.

I also know some very successful people that toke occasionally!

I never really understood why pot is illegal. Its a plant.. It does not require any refining or mixing with chemicals to activate it. Its not addictive. Not like most prescription drugs or heroin.. It relaxes the mind and the body. The only side effects I ever heard of are getting the munchies :).  I can't think of anything bad except its against the law. 

I have to admit that there is something a bit un-nerving about having someone hurtling down the road toward me at 60 mph and passing by within a few feet with something that "relaxes the mind and the body" whether that be booze, legal, or illegal drugs. I've had enough close calls with people that are addicted to their cell-phones while driving. I probably really don't need to have them all "relaxed" with their drugs as well.....lol.