SB 4739 - Establishes the yearling buck protection program

Rebel Darling

11 minutes ago, stubby68 said:

First I already stated I will not change how or what I hunt. So no I will not buy a tag and not use it. Second who are you to lecture someone about doing what they see fit on there own property? 

No you said above you will still continue killing the baby bucks even if they DONT fit the bill for what DEC says is a legal buck. No lecture needed with that way of thinking. Says a lot on the class of the hunter thats for sure!  

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:28 PM, Four Season Whitetails said:

No cause National only cares about the Southern States!

just not true.  there's QDMA biologists and staff based out of the northeast.  The Upper Hudson River Valley branch from here in NY received National Branch of the Year this past year.  The reasoning that led you to that idea would be interesting to here, in that I've never heard that before.

5 hours ago, growalot said:

I believe the predator hunters could say the same thing to you Four season.This said based on your very vocal I'll shoot coyotes as I see fit posts.

Yeah problem is I have the state on my side. One would think someone like you would know this? Farmers get so many things givin to us!

4 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

just not true.  there's QDMA biologists and staff based out of the northeast.  The Upper Hudson River Valley branch from here in NY received National Branch of the Year this past year.  The reasoning that led you to that idea would be interesting to here, in that I've never heard that before.

Shows you are post QDMA Fourms. Maybe you should ask the boys in Minnesota how the Assoc worked for them. Really? Branch of the year? Lol. Givin to the Top 10 worst place in the country to hunt?  I would guess the dues paid all went South?

Who else calls hunters...hunting legally...scumbags??????  Anti-hunters do, that's who. 

Either one of the two of the actions you described of these LEGAL hunters deserves the scumbag term in your opinion.  Was it their desire to hunt deer in other states?  Or was it the willingness to give the deer away because they didn’t absolutely need it themselves?  Both are legal, and far from controversial, unless you are an anti-hunter.

I can’t hunt free range elk or moose here in NY, and I’d love to do so, but I don’t need all the meat.  You define me as a scumbag because of those details.  If not, and you say hunting another species is OK out of state, then there is no reason I can’t go hunt whitetails somewhere else.  Just cause we have whitetails in this state doesn’t mean I am a scumbag for wanting to hunt them elsewhere.  What if I simply enjoy taking a trip to the Midwest to hunt with friends?  It can be a lot of fun!  I have good friends that I go with, they aren't scumbags.

I was really hoping that you might just be passionate about how important the meat is to the hunt, and you just didn’t choose the right words to show a different opinion on the matter from some of your fellow sportsmen.  I had hoped that was the case, until you continued to stand by those words after being asked why you would call a legal hunter a scumbag.

Again, who else calls legal hunters scumbags?  No one, just anti-hunters.  What other conclusion would you like me to arrive at?

LEGALITY, has nothing to do with it. Its my own personal ethics that drive my opinion, theres plenty of scumbags in the world working within the law, hunting aside. Again you got all the freedom in the world to hunt for whatever reasons you like, and im going to express my opinion about it. So hypethetical, the state employs legal means for spot lighting and night hunting to decrease numbers, would you call those "hunters", i would assume, you called baiters hunters. Im sorry if the scumbag comment, hurt your feelings, you can slide in " peice of shit" in it place if its more suitable. I didnt realize you were so sensitive to criticism

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ManicOutdoorsman92 said:

LEGALITY, has nothing to do with it. Its my own personal ethics that drive my opinion, theres plenty of scumbags in the world working within the law, hunting aside. Again you got all the freedom in the world to hunt for whatever reasons you like, and im going to express my opinion about it. So hypethetical, the state employs legal means for spot lighting and night hunting to decrease numbers, would you call those "hunters", i would assume, you called baiters hunters. Im sorry if the scumbag comment, hurt your feelings, you can slide in " peice of shit" in it place if its more suitable. I didnt realize you were so sensitive to criticism

2 hours ago, ManicOutdoorsman92 said:

Honestly if all you can equate is,

Illegal = wrong, bad
Legal = good, right

you really should reevaluate your morals

Hurt feelings?  Nope.  I find it difficult to have my feelings hurt by simpletons not smart enough to realize that he’s advocating the wrong cause.  If you think something is so terribly wrong, I am sure you’d like to see it done away with.  If you can’t see what kind of win it would be for anti-hunting if they took away hunting over state lines and any form of “trophy” hunting, then you might as well go stand in line and hold a PETA sign at one of their rallies.  Wondering if you already have the T-shirt.

In addition, calling people names isn’t criticism, but you can’t seem to figure that out either.  Have to explain this to my three-year-old when he gets upset with his older brother.  Luckily, if he is like his older siblings he will grow out of it and won’t resort to name calling when he gets a little older.  Apparently, you never were taught that lesson. 

Morals…yes mine are different than yours.  Your name calling has put that on public display.  You remind me of what I watch on TV from the young liberal left.  Screaming, hollering, name calling, sign toting, protest everything.  They don’t accept any view but their own, and they want to disrupt anything they can, just cause “it is their right” to do so.  I have no idea who you are or what age you might be, but you paint this picture clearly in my mind.   Not sure what ever happened to accepting other opinions instead of condemning and name calling, but you are living proof that it is going to the pot. 

• Like 1

Son of a gun ...Time Out!...These threads always end up like this,so everybody take a breath and step back a moment.  Remember it's March and a lull in most hunting seasons. A time when this site tends to go through a range of emotions from testy to down right nasty. Every word jumped on and more read in the blank spaces than the black words on the screen. If you've been here long enough you know this.

WORDS....many have different meanings , many words sometimes can  be used to discribe a single thing or emotion. Personal emotions can drive their use ,one word or another Thus  personal opinion

Sometime , Sometimes, personal opinions should remain so. SOMETIMES when read they should not be considered anything more than that and skipped over. Most times ,most posters realize this. Read enough and through out history you can see people that have written eloquently,but found to be much less than that in their lives off paper. The reverse has been seen as well.

So wether a person chooses the word scumbag over arse doesn't make them anti hunting or elitist, there is a big gap between those two words. Get the point

The thing about age...I may not remember what I had for lunch yesterday,but I clearly remember things like a few years ago Four season being called names for giving a strong opinion accusations leveled that people who know him would say untrue. I remember being called anti hunter,a liar,and crazy because years ago I had the gall to talk about all the trespassers shooters and illegal hunters around us. This at a time when it was still taboo to say openly. Then others started talking about the same type and worse things. There is a good reason for the discriptive phase surrounding the word Assumption. Also a good reason these threads eventually get shut down. They start out with good legs but the foundation rapidly disintegrated. Let's get a grip.

Hurt feelings?  Nope.  I find it difficult to have my feelings hurt by simpletons not smart enough to realize that he’s advocating the wrong cause.  If you think something is so terribly wrong, I am sure you’d like to see it done away with.  If you can’t see what kind of win it would be for anti-hunting if they took away hunting over state lines and any form of “trophy” hunting, then you might as well go stand in line and hold a PETA sign at one of their rallies.  Wondering if you already have the T-shirt.

In addition, calling people names isn’t criticism, but you can’t seem to figure that out either.  Have to explain this to my three-year-old when he gets upset with his older brother.  Luckily, if he is like his older siblings he will grow out of it and won’t resort to name calling when he gets a little older.  Apparently, you never were taught that lesson. 

Morals…yes mine are different than yours.  Your name calling has put that on public display.  You remind me of what I watch on TV from the young liberal left.  Screaming, hollering, name calling, sign toting, protest everything.  They don’t accept any view but their own, and they want to disrupt anything they can, just cause “it is their right” to do so.  I have no idea who you are or what age you might be, but you paint this picture clearly in my mind.   Not sure what ever happened to accepting other opinions instead of condemning and name calling, but you are living proof that it is going to the pot. 

Ah funny, your opinion is your own, but I'll say assumption of my character is completly innaccurate. And basing all that from some forum post is pretty rash don't ya think. Funny, call me a simpleton, sign waving leftist, without knowing a thing about me and then in the same post say, "Not sure whatever happened to accepting other opinions instead of condemning others and name calling", for the record i accept your opinion just don't agree with it, theres a difference there. Im not forcing my opinion down your throat, just stating it. Also as far as politics is concerned, I choose not to get involved. Whether the far left or right they're all blowing smoke up your ass and if you fall for their antics, you're the real simpleton. Failing to have an independent thought process, and having to fall into this group, or that group, to feel the consolidation of people, who ONLY THINK LIKE YOU, and then refute everyone else's opinion

23 hours ago, ManicOutdoorsman92 said:

Ah funny, your opinion is your own, but I'll say assumption of my character is completly innaccurate. And basing all that from some forum post is pretty rash don't ya think. Funny, call me a simpleton, sign waving leftist, without knowing a thing about me and then in the same post say, "Not sure whatever happened to accepting other opinions instead of condemning others and name calling", for the record i accept your opinion just don't agree with it, theres a difference there. Im not forcing my opinion down your throat, just stating it. Also as far as politics is concerned, I choose not to get involved. Whether the far left or right they're all blowing smoke up your ass and if you fall for their antics, you're the real simpleton. Failing to have an independent thought process, and having to fall into this group, or that group, to feel the consolidation of people, who ONLY THINK LIKE YOU, and then refute everyone else's opinion

You call a large majority of hunters scumbags and pieces of **** then make a post like this.haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by WNYBuckHunter
inappropriate language, plese see the forum TOS
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, ManicOutdoorsman92 said:

Oh no, I am not debating whether you are entitled to an opinion.  I have no problem with you having it.  I am not even arguing the thought process in regards to you putting the meat in front of the horns.  You can have your opinion and I am 100% OK with that.  I might argue some points on the other side for sure, but I am in no way arguing with you over the topic of trophy hunting, as much as how you have approached it.    

It is different when you condemn something and say that they are scumbags, question their desires and frame them as “pieces of sh#t”.  That is an example of being intolerant.  I am not intolerant of your opinion even when I disagree with it.  But I won’t resort to calling names which puts them on a level with some sort of law violator.  You are condemning people with a strong love for the same sport of hunting as you love (I make and assumption here), they just have a different reason for loving it.  Advocating that their reason is not valid through name calling is obviously not tolerance, and by insinuating they are scumbags you are saying that there is no place for it in the sport of hunting.  That becomes far less than accepting another’s opinion, and moves toward advocating for a change in the rights of hunters.

Just as I indicated in my last post, I don’t fall for antics from leftist or get hurt feelings when people like yourself condemn me for loving this sport, the meat it provides, and the freedom to go anywhere I would like to enjoy it even more.  I see your opinion and antics for what they are, and not as a simple expression of an opinion on the subject.  One of us is making the effort to push an agenda on the other, and in this case it is not me as you put forth above.  I will readily accept your opinion that hunting for meat is more important than hunting for horns, I can see the logic and accept the rationale.  I see other reasons for hunting deer as well.  Can you accept my opinion, and allow for my preferences?  You say that you can, but then you call me a scumbag for it.  Just doesn't make sense.

So, there is obviously no need for us to carry this on any farther.  I cannot change your opinion that you shouldn’t be calling fellow hunters names and condemning their legal hunting efforts that you don’t appreciate.  And you won’t convince me that I should just accept you pushing and anti-hunting agenda by belittling the reasons that others should like hunting because it doesn’t match your preferred intentions.

• Like 1

Shows you are post QDMA Fourms. Maybe you should ask the boys in Minnesota how the Assoc worked for them. Really? Branch of the year? Lol. Givin to the Top 10 worst place in the country to hunt?  I would guess the dues paid all went South?

I don't need to ask anyone in Minnesota or know what was said on an old forum. Besides all I care about is now and I'm "plugged in" well enough. NY could be better but really if done right people have great hunting right here. All the money doesn't go down south. Out of the nonprofits of the same type QDMA actually does very well with spending going back to deer and deer hunting education and programs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

I don't need to ask anyone in Minnesota or know what was said on an old forum. Besides all I care about is now and I'm "plugged in" well enough. NY could be better but really if done right people have great hunting right here. All the money doesn't go down south. Out of the nonprofits of the same type QDMA actually does very well with spending going back to deer and deer hunting education and programs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thats why this post is up...Ny is finally doing something right to change the label and of being the worst deer hunting state in the country.  QDMA has nothing to do with it really........Just the ones that use the cloak of QDMA to practice their TDMA.

On 3/24/2017 at 10:05 PM, tuckersdaddy said:

Antler and antler production has become a money maker, weather its from sales of the latest mineral block or the increase in memberships... Its money. So if the qdma has no political push un this then what group is? Why would the legislature attempt to push a bill overriding whats been left to the DEC regulate? Nothing gets done in Albany that doesnt involve payouts in cash or political capitol and there arent many groups or people that have any interest in how big the rack is on the deer they just hit with thier car... So whos doing the pushing?
On a side note WNY I recall someone being very vigulent about thier protests about doe only the first 2 weeks of bow in some areas... You should understand then as to why there is a large group of hunters thats not to keen on having what has been thier hunting experience forever changed by dislocated legislators....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Im not sure what group pushed the legislators on this one, but it was not the QDMA.

Yes, I was very vocal about my disagreement with the 2 week doe only thing. Ive also been very vocal about disagreeing with mandatory ARs. Not really sure where you are going with this.

• Like 1

Oh no, I am not debating whether you are entitled to an opinion.  I have no problem with you having it.  I am not even arguing the thought process in regards to you putting the meat in front of the horns.  You can have your opinion and I am 100% OK with that.  I might argue some points on the other side for sure, but I am in no way arguing with you over the topic of trophy hunting, as much as how you have approached it.    

It is different when you condemn something and say that they are scumbags, question their desires and frame them as “pieces of sh#t”.  That is an example of being intolerant.  I am not intolerant of your opinion even when I disagree with it.  But I won’t resort to calling names which puts them on a level with some sort of law violator.  You are condemning people with a strong love for the same sport of hunting as you love (I make and assumption here), they just have a different reason for loving it.  Advocating that their reason is not valid through name calling is obviously not tolerance, and by insinuating they are scumbags you are saying that there is no place for it in the sport of hunting.  That becomes far less than accepting another’s opinion, and moves toward advocating for a change in the rights of hunters.

Just as I indicated in my last post, I don’t fall for antics from leftist or get hurt feelings when people like yourself condemn me for loving this sport, the meat it provides, and the freedom to go anywhere I would like to enjoy it even more.  I see your opinion and antics for what they are, and not as a simple expression of an opinion on the subject.  One of us is making the effort to push an agenda on the other, and in this case it is not me as you put forth above.  I will readily accept your opinion that hunting for meat is more important than hunting for horns, I can see the logic and accept the rationale.  I see other reasons for hunting deer as well.  Can you accept my opinion, and allow for my preferences?  You say that you can, but then you call me a scumbag for it.  Just doesn't make sense.

So, there is obviously no need for us to carry this on any farther.  I cannot change your opinion that you shouldn’t be calling fellow hunters names and condemning their legal hunting efforts that you don’t appreciate.  And you won’t convince me that I should just accept you pushing and anti-hunting agenda by belittling the reasons that others should like hunting because it doesn’t match your preferred intentions.

This is a far larger conversation than can be discussed through forums. in short i will say that when antlers are a primary objective, respect for the animal they pursue, is often lost. how many guys out there would take a less than optimal shot at a big buck, because, " you may never get another chance". lots that i have talked to about shots with a bow i hear about clearly shouldn't have been taken, but they couldn't help but be fixated on the rack. I never hear of these risky shots taken on does. Thats just a small part but again, a much larger conversation, and wont continue the back and forth over forums. We'll just agree to disagree

On 3/24/2017 at 2:07 PM, WNYBuckHunter said:

So wait, youre saying a pound of mature buck meat will last longer than a pound of yearling buck or fawn meat?

Nope saying a mature deer will weigh more than a yearling in the same area. Meaning you will get more meat out of that mature deer than a yearling.