Ontario Bear hunt

north560

Anyone interested in a Spring/Fall bear hunt in Ontario? Basic price $1100 CND have openings for 12 hunters
DSCF7232.JPG
DSCF7169.JPG

You mean CAD? So $815 USD. What's included? What are success rates?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, grampy said:

Seems almost too good to be true.  

As they say, the devil is in the details.....

But basic hunt, doing your own meals, supply your own boat/atv transport, add in all the little extras like 13-14% tax, licence.......

Have a group of 4 guys and you can match that rate with a number of operators IMO.

I also know of folks who have been nickled and dimed to death on hidden extras.

Cost a few dollars to bait and prep proper for a hunt; bait, fuel, time.......just sayin'

• Like 3

But basic hunt, doing your own meals, supply your own boat/atv transport, add in all the little extras like 13-14% tax, licence.......
Have a group of 4 guys and you can match that rate with a number of operators IMO.
Cost a few dollars to bait and prep proper for a hunt; bait, fuel, time.......just sayin'

I'm not gonna lie, I had zero intentions of this hunt. Just was curious lol.

13 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

Was wondering the same because the outfitter I used in a hunt as you described. They baited the sights, retrieved the bear and skinned and quartered it for you. I think that ran $600 a person for a week. That was a fall hunt. 

Hi, This is not a scam, just so you know I help with the hunt so the offer is real.

The outfitter is Gow-Bush-Kon Lodge located in Northeastern Ontario. Our  success rate for last year was 75%.We use baited sites and tree stands.The basic hunt contains, accommodation, introduction to an active/live bait site,tree stands, orientation , GPS co-ordinates,maps if needed, bait  as needed, assistance in retrieval,skinning and cleaning of your Trophy Bear.Available on site freezer space included. Local butcher service available.If required  you can add Deluxe Boat/Motor and all your gas for you stay, offering some prime fishing opportunities between sitting the stand and after harvesting your Trophy Bear @ $200 .To round out your complete package add the Meal Plan @ $300.00.

Total cost for complete package Black Bear Hunt,Deluxe Boat/Motor and gas, plus Meals $1600 + taxes of 13%

Extra charges would be ,MNR Government Licencing fees Bear licence $241.61, Export permit $35 , outdoor card $ 9.68

.These prices are Canadian funds  All prices are per person, per week.

You can reach us at www.gowbushkon.com   [email protected]   or call 705-624-2301

• Like 1

i'm not knocking this outfitter i don't know him,but you really need to do your homework.

I've been on a lot of bear hunts most where great successful or not.One that comes to mind is a Maine hunt  found him in a magazine.By the end of the trip me and two guys from Michigan wanted to slap the poop out of that wiseazz four other guys from Ohio left after two days of a five day hunt.

Bottom line do your homework   

• Like 1

i'm not knocking this outfitter i don't know him,but you really need to do your homework.
I've been on a lot of bear hunts most where great successful or not.One that comes to mind is a Maine hunt  found him in a magazine.By the end of the trip me and two guys from Michigan wanted to slap the poop out of that wiseazz four other guys from Ohio left after two days of a five day hunt.
Bottom line do your homework   

I had an awful hunt in Maine as well. People riding horses and quads around my site

Hi Guys:

The outfitter in located in Gowganda, Ontario. Check out the website directions on how to get there. As to having people interupt your hunt, we have sights well away from local traffic, the only pests you will have is the squirrels.Give them a call will answer all your questions.