A note from Mr. Nugent

QB1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it ashamed that reality has become politically incorrect

You can label poor behavior as not being"politically correct," if you want..... I prefer to point out that it is poor behavior.

It doesn't hurt hunters to be a little sensitive around non-hunters....in fact, it helps our image.

Loud mouthed, in your face, blatantly disrepectful hunters do not help our image.

He has one of the most pure respects for his kills

Stop, please.

"Whackmaster?"

"Kill it and grill it?"

"Whack 'em and stack 'em?"

He is one of the most disrespectful that I have ever seen.

All of us have our own one liners (if its brown is down, etc) so he hypes it up by using them for ratings I don't see it as being disrespectful.  If you have ever watched his show and seen how he praises his kills which pretty much range from fawns to Trophies you can tell he really enjoys the outdoors and living off the land.  To me being disrespectful to hunting is guys that hunt the wrong way, baiting, poaching, littering, etc...to say he is one of the most disrespectful because he's gonna throw his kill on the grill and wants everyone to know not so much.  If he wants to hold his bow like a guitar after smoking a buck and yell "Back Strap Feveeeer...Da NaNaNaaa" more power to him

Im sorry but what does having "longer hair then god" have to do with ted nugent being a hunter or being a supposidly bad influence on our hunting name? ok... On Pats weed thread, I heard alot of people say they use to smoke alot of weed when they were younger, hell even one guy ssaid he did it just until his first child was born... Ted nugent used to smoked weed (also did other drugs but thats not my point) and hunts. Hes got a glasssy eyed look? hmmmm. Dont really recall his glassy eye look. And he uses obscenities to get his point across. yeah so what!?! With todays world sometimes you have to throw people under the bus and get loud and aggressive and bust a few balls to get your point across. Everyone does it. Does it make it right? no. But sometimes thats what you have to do to get your point across. Let people think that all hunters are like Ted Nugent. Big deal. Let them think that. I know alot of you would see a (excuse my language but i dont know the real name for them, i think its arabians or whatever) but u would see a towel head on a plane and think terrorist. Thats just what todays world is coming to. Stereotypical low life Americans that take 1 person and use them to label a whole group of people. Just my thought on that.

"I guess if you like a representative that has a drugged up, glassy eyed look, with hair longer than Jesus, and one that has no qualms about using obscenities to get his point across, and likes to appear on stage of his concerts with an AR-15 in hand, then Nugent is obviously the MAN for you.  Others think he is exactly what we DON'T need to be stereotyped as."

Isn't it ashamed that reality has become politically incorrect

You can label poor behavior as not being"politically correct," if you want..... I prefer to point out that it is poor behavior.

It doesn't hurt hunters to be a little sensitive around non-hunters....in fact, it helps our image.

Loud mouthed, in your face, blatantly disrepectful hunters do not help our image.

ArrowFlinger I agree to a non hunter he can come off as disrespectful, but to anyone that knows a thing or two about hunting for the most part I think he is great for the sport.

oh jeez. Bait bait bait. Bait can also be putting out Come'er deer, planting food sources. Its all on how u look at it

"To me being disrespectful to hunting is guys that hunt the wrong way, baiting, poaching.."

You realize he was busted for hunting over bait, and other things last year, don't you?

"To me being disrespectful to hunting is guys that hunt the wrong way, baiting, poaching.."

You realize he was busted for hunting over bait, and other things last year, don't you?

I did read about that, and actually found it quite funny because if I recall he would have gotten away with it if it wasn't on his show which aired on TV then he got the fine...knucklehead to say the least...but I think it was in Cal he was fined and he just didn't know the regulations...he hunts all over and I know he hunts over bait, I believe 99% of the time its legal, I'm sure he thought it was legal in Cal, should have made sure but he didn't and paid the price.  I don't think one mistake takes away from everything else he is doing for the sport

I guess my point is ....if you have Joe Generalpublic and he is swayed against hunting by the rantings or actions of one or a few.....Joe is probably against it anyway in his heart. I am sick of having to walk on egg shells through life for fear of what some sensative types may or may not think. Unless what I am doing is illegal....get out of my face. Don't expect me to change just because you have a dislike for any of my actions.

Sorry to bust on your hero, Robinson.  Some of us older folks here think that you could find WAY better ones than him.  Hopefully you will recognize this one day.  Won't be holding my breath, however, from what I see from many around here.

Mind boggling thought processes for darn sure.

Sorry to bust on your hero, Robinson.  Some of us older folks here think that you could find WAY better ones than him.  Hopefully you will recognize this one day.  Won't be holding my breath, however, from what I see from many around here.

There is always A-rod...lol ;)

No no no. Hes not my hero. I just dont think everyone can sit there and bust on him for doing drugs, drinking, and baiting. Its not like hes in his tree stand smoking weed, sorting cocain, drinking whiskey and what not. He may not be a good person in his personal life, or baiting wasnt right, but besides that he is a good hunter... Thats all i was ssaying. you wanna know my real favorite hunter?? Jim Zumbo. Hes beast.

I guess my point is ....if you have Joe Generalpublic and he is swayed against hunting by the rantings or actions of one or a few.....Joe is probably against it anyway in his heart. I am sick of having to walk on egg shells through life for fear of what some sensative types may or may not think. Unless what I am doing is illegal....get out of my face. Don't expect me to change just because you have a dislike for any of my actions.

I'll give you an example.

When I have a deer hanging in the garage.....I keep the door down, out of sensitivity for my suburban neighbors (none of whom hunt, all of whom are aware I hunt.)

No...it wouldn't be illegal to have the door up.  I have a god given right to have my deer in plain view if I want to.

BUT.... it is no skin off my teeth to avoid any potential drama with the neighbors (or the neighbors' children) by simply keeping the door closed.

No sense inviting trouble....and that's what Ted Nugent does.

I see your point, I wouldn't want to send Nugent to a meeting to fight for hunting rights if they were on the line because he is so one-sided.  My opinion is Nuge has a genuine love for the sport, eats what he kills, is an advocate to many rights we all are blessed to have, and uses his celebrity status to help an overall cause for bearing arms and hunting.  How he goes about showing it may not be the same way I would do it, but as long as he is adamant about hunting and educating the next generation and those nay-sayers go right ahead....now who likes Stan Potts?

But ted also Belives that he shouldnt have to even think he should keep the door down. Its not a law, there for he shouldnt have to do it. He just speaks his mind. Just like people can have PETA stickers on cars and the pissin on a sports team or pissin on a certain person, or Go green stickers and shirts and all that. They dont think they should put a sweatshirt over their PETA shirts or Go Green stickers, why should there be the sense of drama being started over a deer in my Garage? Then they go out the next day, hit a deer and get mad becasue they have to pay to fix it. or their inserance rate goess up, well, hunters lower the population so that stuff dosnt happen. Or when bears and coyotes come into the towns and start causing problems, whos the first people to pick up the phone and call DEC or the law to have them removed because they dont feel safe being outside.

But ted also Belives that he shouldnt have to even think he should keep the door down. Its not a law, there for he shouldnt have to do it. He just speaks his mind.

Oh, I get it.

I just don't agree that it is the most effective (or even AN effective) way to deal with the public, without who's support we would have NO hunting.

Hey so be it, just make sure you learn from what he does and dont do it. But thats his choice if he does or dosnt do it. U have no proof other then your word. So its your wordd vs his and from what he says he dosnt. imma give him the benifit of the doubt.

Ted's deer can't get out of the fence to get hit by a car.

Example:  Mrs. wants me to go to the store with her on Sunday, but the game is on...I can A.) complain and start an argument that the game is on and I don't feel like going because the couch is so much better or B.) Go with her avoid the fight and take the high road...same thing with the hunting examples, although we have the right to do whatever we want we need to chose whats best overall and avoid those meaningless arguments. 

BTW I would go with C.) Strike a deal that is if I go to the Store when we get home its back to the couch with a backrub...its a family site, use your imagination and replace couch and backrub