going crazzzzy

skyzmine

Yeah, the snow has finally receded enough so that I can get out this weekend and clean out my bluebird boxes on my fiance's property...I have about 30 of them up...Usually I clean them in February, but this year I couldn't due to the snowdrifts...

A few years back, I cleaned them in December..A waste of time because deer mice build nests in them  before spring...It's time now for me to EVICT the little rodents and make room for the bluebirds.. Kinda fun...About half the time when I open the box, I'll have mice running up my arms, jumping off my shoulders.... ??? .....

This sucks....close to 3" of rain,almost all snow gone,and just like you I woke up to about an inch of snow. It should be gone by afternoon though...calling for high of 45....and 60 by Friday! Heading to the cabin Friday afternoon,hopefully be able to get in....we'll see what this Ram can do one way or the nother.

I should be in Rochester Friday or Saturday! Hope it's decent weather. It's my last weekend in the sunshine state and I get to spend it cleaning and packing :(. Maybe Monday Tuesday i'll be able to head down to the sunshine skyway for one last time fishing for king and Spanish mac's

It was a nice day.. I saw plenty of robins and one PROBABLE bluebird while I was cleaning out my bluebird boxes...

Deer mice were plentiful....Quite a few of them ran up the trees after I rousted them out of the boxes...Probably after I leave they will move right back into them...

NOTE TO SELF....Next year, carry my .22 revolver with shot loads to shoot the cute little varmints so they don't re-inhabit my bird boxes after I clean them..

Hang in there guys. Better weather is coming ..... slowly. You really can see a change already in terms of the number of days that we are hitting the 40's. I've seen bare ground and that's very encouraging. It won't be long before the bullheads start biting, and the bugs start flying.

By the way, I did my first outdoor bow practice of the season today. That's the good news. The bad news is that I had better get in a lot more practice from what I saw.....lol.

Doc