Almost lost it..

growalot

Lol...it's 1:30a.m. and I jolt out of bed with a leg cramp..hobble down stairs and let the dog out to a howling wind. That's when I realize...Oh crap! the new blind I left out to water proof. Grab flash light and it's gone! Slipped on my shoes stepped out and followed the wind...Thank heaven for the metal Bird feeder hooks...I have 3 in a triangle position out in the yard and there was the blind wedged nicely in those shepherds hooks. Grabbed it and tucked it in under the porch roof area. Man lucked out  winds are dang heavy and the blinds like a giant box kite..Now I'm wide awake.

• Like 2

Yup, it's howling like crazy out there right now. Doesn't it seem like this year has been almost constant high winds. I spend all my time cleaning up branches off the lawns, and I'm getting a bit tired of it.

Doc, I got tired of it about 2 weeks ago and yesterday disgusted...though yesterday was for once calm most of the day until the sun went down. 73 acres and the trees ,saplings,huge branches and small ones can't miss any of my trails!!?? I can't even use the Gator until I get the saw out there again:rolleyes: 

That said, I thought last year was dang windy too....

49 minutes ago, growalot said:

Doc, I got tired of it about 2 weeks ago and yesterday disgusted...though yesterday was for once calm most of the day until the sun went down. 73 acres and the trees ,saplings,huge branches and small ones can't miss any of my trails!!?? I can't even use the Gator until I get the saw out there again:rolleyes: 

That said, I thought last year was dang windy too....

Every limb that came down is just one less that will come down while you're out there hunting or working .

• Like 1

i even use those heavy duty cork screw tent stakes when i setup blinds.  done so ever since one lost a fight with the wind and a stand of locusts.  we cut a lot of dead dieing or weak stuff on the farm for fire wood or just to lay down and let in light.  even then good storms here and there are good for the stuff we haven't gotten to.  nice when they fall into fields and trails though.  eliminates skidding them out.

In these winds here I've had blinds out all year with no issues I tie to trees and logs..but this one was just out drying and I wore myself out and forgot about it sitting in the drive. As you can see from my brush pile fencing...I have more then enough wood..I don't need more in my trails..Lol. 

Edited by growalot