Tacoma truck recall

First-light

19 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Not exactly...it's tow ratings are a few hundred pounds less than a F150 and the max payload is 1300 pounds less. Nissan shot for a truck between a half ton and 3/4 ton and missed the mark on that one

Not to split hair but Nissan can get 2000lbs in the back, but you are right it's not a match for F-150 with 3000+lbs payload but it is a nice alternative... then again if you need to haul more than 3300 lbs you don't need a truck, you need a Peterbilt   

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I'll honk back when I see you at the gas station.

Thanks!  I'll be filling up my tank while you'll be putting air in your bicycle tires since that's what you'll be riding while your truck is in the shop. LOL  I'd be more than happy to give you lift, however.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, First-light said:

Local guy that works at the dealership saw my brother in his truck. He questioned him about the frame, he knew nothing about it. They looked and it was rotted through in spots. Dealer has it now for the fix. 

Good deal that he is getting the repair

• Like 1

For those interested first post in this thread has the notice sent to dealers from TMNA....

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/stop-sale-on-2017-tacomas.488438/

Probably will include my 2017 Tacoma I bought a few months ago. So far 1600 happy miles.^_^

With my rear seat delete stripped down model I am more confused as to why I don't get interval wipers but a back up cam and heated side mirrors. After a few times in the mist I think I'll pay the $89 for the stalk required.:rolleyes:

Frankly I could careless on the recall issue; every vehicle except a 13,300lb Mistubishi Fuso box truck has required some sort of recall..... None have delivered less than 200,000 miles and one quite a bit over 300K with standard maintenance, original motors/ trannys/ clutch. Last one made over 200K with original exhaust system intact (Ford Escape).

I have a 2014 Ford that needs a trip in for a computer reprogram recall for door locks that'll get done with next free service when I get around to it.

Toyota has always had a rust problem... all the way back to the little trucks. Its not a steel issue its a design issue. The boxs frames are notorious for holding dirt and salt. They end up rusting from the inside out. The design is so bad ford adapted it to there expeditions with simular results. Most US based trucks use a c channel frame which doesnt trap the dirt and salt... Except for Chevy.. They designed a combination rear cab/front box mount that packs it in and holds it nicely. Dodge is about the only manufacture with out frame issues, they designed rocker panels to hold in the salt... so after 6 or 7 years you have easy acsess to hose off the frame. Ford seems to be the only manufacture at this point attempting to curb the rust issue by using more beer cans. only time will tell if it works.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I had a 2001 tacoma that fell under the first big frame recall. I didnt have a option of getting a new frame. Had to turn my truck in. Toyota cut me a check for 150% excellent condition kbb value (didn't matter what condition the truck was in, that's what you got!). With that check I bought a 06 tacoma that fell under the 2nd frame recall. For this recall they replaced my frame. Just had it done last summer . Cost me under $150 and had it back in a day. 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2017 at 8:42 AM, bkln said:

Recall on 05...? Really?

Yeah its crazy. When I brought my 06 in last summer for a new frame, there were actual holes in it already. Small ones, but that doesnt matter.  Scary!

Edited by jman22
Editorial