Brown Recluse

Moho81

Hard to tell, but I'm leaning towards no. I swore I had those ******** in the house I rented in Schenectady, but I was wrong. Took me a minute to find the page I found back then for comparison.

https://www.orkin.com/other/spiders/brown-recluse-spiders/

Like I said, hard to tell from the pic, but the Brown Recluse isn't much bigger then a nickel including legs. That bug you have pictured, in comparison to the siding ( looks like double 5" ) looks to be huge. 

Hard to tell, but I'm leaning towards no. I swore I had those ******** in the house I rented in Schenectady, but I was wrong. Took me a minute to find the page I found back then for comparison.
https://www.orkin.com/other/spiders/brown-recluse-spiders/

Like I said, hard to tell from the pic, but the Brown Recluse isn't much bigger then a nickel including legs. That bug you have pictured, in comparison to the siding ( looks like double 5" ) looks to be huge. 

That's what has me thinking it's not one. Way to big from what I always thought. Like you said about the size of a nickel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also brown recluse are not native nor existent in the North East

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Actually I know a guy who lives 15 min southwest of me that got bit by one. Didn't know until a few days later when a hole started to develop in his hand. He lost time at work because for a while he lost the use of his hand. Pretty crazy.

• Like 1

Has tho have the "violin" on head section to be one.

I didn't get close enough to inspect that detail. This thing was HUGE I was afraid it was going to jump off the wall and karate chop my face!

From the picture I took in pure fear it looks like the violin detail is missing. It's the best kind of spider now. A dead spider!

• Like 2

Looks like a fishing spider, is there water nearby?

Are those the ones that float on top of the water? Like all 8 legs barley make an indent in the surface? I have a small koi pond like 3 feet by 5 feet.

I've run into them at my site in NC as well as widows. Up here I'll paycheck it is not a recluse unless it came out of your luggage.

Let it bite you and ill update my opinion tomorrow!

Edited by Fletch

I've run into them at my site in NC as well as widows. Up here I'll paycheck it is not a recluse unless it came out of your luggage.

Let ut bite you and ill update my opinion tomorrow!

No and a hell no! Besides it's dead. Like dead dead. Beat it down like the copy/printer in office space complete with rap music in the back ground.

• Like 2

Tell that to a old regular customer at the truck company my dad used to work for. The guy lost his entire left arm!!! Older guy, lives someplace in southern NY outside the city. Came in on a Friday to get parts as usual and was healthy. Didn't come back for over a month which was unusual for this guy, but he was missing his left arm! Told my dad he did yard work the Saturday after he saw him last and was in the hospital Sunday evening with pain and other symptoms and ended up losing his arm because of a brown recluse bite.

I've seen them here in NY. Tons of them in Kansas. I have researched them well enough to know what they look like. I hate spiders and am afraid as hell of getting bit by nasty ones so I keep a pretty close eye on them.

But to say they don't exist here is untrue. Might not be a lot of them but there are some and people should be vigilant about it.

Tell that to a old regular customer at the truck company my dad used to work for. The guy lost his entire left arm!!! Older guy, lives someplace in southern NY outside the city. Came in on a Friday to get parts as usual and was healthy. Didn't come back for over a month which was unusual for this guy, but he was missing his left arm! Told my dad he did yard work the Saturday after he saw him last and was in the hospital Sunday evening with pain and other symptoms and ended up losing his arm because of a brown recluse bite.

I've seen them here in NY. Tons of them in Kansas. I have researched them well enough to know what they look like. I hate spiders and am afraid as hell of getting bit by nasty ones so I keep a pretty close eye on them.

But to say they don't exist here is untrue. Might not be a lot of them but there are some and people should be vigilant about it.