Question: finger position on wrist release

OldNewbie

Reading through the latest issue of Whitetail magazine, an article says to adjust your wrist release so the second knuckle joint is on the trigger. The pictures were a bit confusing, but I think the author meant second down from the tip of the finger, i.e. second crease when finger is bent. I have had mine set on the first joint (from the tip).  Is this something that makes a meaningful difference?  

9 minutes ago, OldNewbie said:

Reading through the latest issue of Whitetail magazine, an article says to adjust your wrist release so the second knuckle joint is on the trigger. The pictures were a bit confusing, but I think the author meant second down from the tip of the finger, i.e. second crease when finger is bent. I have had mine set on the first joint (from the tip).  Is this something that makes a meaningful difference?  

For me, yes. For you, I can't say. Try it a see how it feels and if it affects your groups.

9 minutes ago, OldNewbie said:

I bet it was second from hand, i.e. Joint closest to tip.  The barrel would be too short for me to place my finger behind the trigger when drawing if I had the trigger at the joint closest to hand. 

• Like 1

Shooting a firearm you want the finger to,move straight back so not to pull your shots , this means using the center of the pad past the distal,joint  . You want your second knuckle to always be pointing towards your target as well . This is basic stuff one learns in a beginners class .

I would think this transfers to a release as well.  I use the center of the pad here as well .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad