Anyone have an AMAZING Dry Rub Recipe to share?

t_barb

My basic rib rub.

1 Cup brown sugar

1/2 Cup paprika

2 Tablespoons black pepper

2 Tablespoons salt

2 Tablespoons garlic powder

2 Tablespoons onion powder 

2 Teaspoons cayenne pepper

2 Tablespoons chili powder 

You can tweak the heat or sweet to your taste.

Great on venison too.  Heck, great on just about anything. Lol.  

• Like 1

honestly i've used a bunch and it's way easier with more than sufficient results to use the store bought stuff.  McCormick Apple Wood Rub and one by Weber was the last one that i'm using.  Before that i had a Cabelas Competition BBQ Rub that was really good.  if it's your intent to create your own then fine, otherwise why try to recreate the wheel.

I mentioned this in a bear thread but I use it on pork ribs as well. 50/50 Montreal steak seasoning and brown sugar. Put in a blender an pulverize. I like taking the inside membrane off all the ribs I make. I guess it a habit from smoking. Rub ribs and with the mix and wrap in plastic wrap. Do not stack ribs and wrap them. you want the wrap against all the surfaces of the ribs. Place in fridge overnight. remove and grill low and slow. On occasion I add some chili powder or cayenne pepper to the mix.  

7 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

honestly i've used a bunch and it's way easier with more than sufficient results to use the store bought stuff.  McCormick Apple Wood Rub and one by Weber was the last one that i'm using.  Before that i had a Cabelas Competition BBQ Rub that was really good.  if it's your intent to create your own then fine, otherwise why try to recreate the wheel.

With that way of thinking...

Why buy naked ribs then.. just get the pre seasoned ones. It's more then  sufficient and way easier.  

I like to create different flavors and different levels of sweet and heat. Yes I've used many different store bought rubs. I've even tried mixing several together when there wasn't enough left in each jar to season the next slab of meat. But I'd rather mix my own. 

With that way of thinking...
Why buy naked ribs then.. just get the pre seasoned ones. It's more then  sufficient and way easier.  
I like to create different flavors and different levels of sweet and heat. Yes I've used many different store bought rubs. I've even tried mixing several together when there wasn't enough left in each jar to season the next slab of meat. But I'd rather mix my own. 
I can get some from meat cutter that are bigger and just better quality than preprepped factory packed ones. Still better when cooked. at least as cheap and at times cheaper. I said you can do either. My point is some really aren't bad. If they were they wouldn't be on a shelf.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk