The shot that counts

The_Real_TCIII

11 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

1 pin set at 25 yards.

Aim low/high accordingly.

It's not rocket science, until you go west and need to be proficient at 50-70yds+ with the "lob"

This is my opinion and preferred method as well especially with light flat trajectory arrows around 300 FPS.

However it is certainly not the preferred method among archery hunters or target archers for that matter.  Most prefer at least 3 pins for the reason moog listed.

Ive used a single vertical pin for many years with great success but with my heavy arrow settup this season, I went to a 3 vertical pin.  None of the fixed single pin sights are even on the market anymore unless I'm mistaken.

Offtopic, but Biz ninjas ambush from elevated positions, often even from trees!

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

i really need to get a chrono... then again the number doesn't mean anything to the deer.

I always assumed they were like $1K or something. Just looked them up and see they can be had for under $100.

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/113204/competition-electronics-prochrono-pal-chronograph?cm_mmc=pf_ci_google-_-Shooting+-+Chronographs%2C+Wind+Meters+%26+Timers-_-Competition+Electronics-_-113204&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2IGQuI-W1gIV0oZoCh2JcwCOEAQYASABEgKHv_D_BwE

i was in walmart last night.  looked and they actually had decent arrows.  Bloodsport Punisher arrows with brass inserts.  I stopped and started figuring stuff in my head.  think i could turn the Evo down to from 67 ish to around 60 lbs to use them (.350 spine).  then put them back down.  29" 300 spine 10.7 gpi arrows are shooting fine.

10 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

they can very in price a little bit.  i'd get an arrow saw before a chrono though.  i have everything else.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

they can very in price a little bit.  i'd get an arrow saw before a chrono though.  i have everything else.

Yea, I don't need any of that. I got 12 arrows, so 9-10 bucks to kill before I buy arrows again.

7 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea, I don't need any of that. I got 12 arrows, so 9-10 bucks to kill before I buy arrows again.

we expect no less shooting the new fancy mathews of yours.  remember to always get them in lost camo though.  stay trendy my friend.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Will do.  $3.85/hr but I do good work!

I fixed that for you to better suit my willingness to spend money. :stop:

First of the night from 60 as is tradition. Then I go in to 20 and work my way back out to finish at 60. I feel like a bow robot at this time of the year. Bowbot

IMG_1116.JPG

• Like 5