Tunnel Of Death

outdoorstom

Not meant to be hostile Grow.  It just seems you want to justify leaf blowing in any way possible.  If it works for you, great.  I truly hate the things.  So you can say they prevent injury, skunk spraying or diabetes.  You can "monkey-see-monkey-do" with Grant Woods.  I get the concept, but I hate the method.  

Paving seems to the next logical step.  If the trails are in the woods, then there will be leaves.  If it's a park or college campus, then there will be leaf blowers and often paved paths.

To be honest...I could probably make a whole new blind with all that material.....personally I would have planted corn,sorghum,or a switch type grass along the trail and around the blind... it looks open enough to grow. If being seen on the ladder or platform is a concern...camo material or netting from Wally World or Jo Ann Fabrics would have worked

Well monkey see monkey do..LOL I was clearing trails years before it got popular...because I knew the benefits to it...and that was before all the injuries..Deer travel the path of least resistance and they love a cleared trail. I don't personally like the noise either...but I don't like dirt bikes and people who are obsessed with non stop lawn mowing , loud mufflers, back up horns and jake brakes...but that's life and unless one is hunting in the deep woods Daks or Catskills...you'll get that...Noise travels..OH I almost for got...hords or cow birds or starlings and airplanes...

In 2010 Grant developed a video based website to share his years of knowledge about hunting and growing whitetails, wild turkey, and other game at www.GrowingDeer.tv. Viewers have described the site as a “perfect blend of whitetail information and entertainment.” A hunter since childhood, he not only knows how to grow big deer – but how to effectively hunt them as well.

I have owned this land for over 20 years...and mowed trails to my stands at camp many more years before that.....If you want to know the truth of it I was talking on line about many different hunting things from animal behaviors to what to plant way before they became popular and I was being told I was full of BS ...So never come at me with monkey see's monkey do's

Edited by growalot

47 minutes ago, Larry said:

I would set the whole thing on fire and start over:negative:

Dear Tom,

if you do this, please let me take the Redneck blind first.  I'd hate to know you'd have to clean up the melted plastic and charred metal.  Just lookin out for ya Outdoorstom! haha

• Like 2

Never said I was an expert...For one thing when dealing with living beings...I don't care who you are, your NEVER an expert.... Everything is changing with living things...adapting evolving from animals to land. The links were to prove a point...BTW I left out weed whackers and chain saws in that last post:wink:

I had a neighbor bring a chainsaw to his stand...yep nice quiet fall morning and every 15-20 mins he'd crank that saw up for less than 30 seconds...I about flipped...but ya know he probably got a deer...lol

Edited by growalot

5 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

unnecessary post IMO  Why stir the pot on a non related thread ?! You've made your point before

Sweet tower hider btw to OP's thread

I've never once made a personal insult or attack to grow (besides her kindle :rofl:). I do rile her up though and hope she knows it doesn't come from any deep rooted disliking. Just a little ball busting. 

• 2 weeks later...