16 days till southern archery opens . Are you ready

rob-c

Been out of the woods for over a week. Everything set, but always feel like I can make one more tweak i.e a trimmed branch, a different bow hanger, cleaning my entrance path to the stands. The key is to resist the urge and keep my butt out of the woods until game day. Good news is I leave for the Upper Peninsula of Michigan next Saturday for bear camp and don't home the 30th. It should be a nice, quiet few weeks for my deer population until the first arrow flies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nope,still need to trim in swamp, repair a tree blind and get that ladder stand  put together and up..somewhere???? Shooting every day but just a few, shoulder and knees a bit angry so I'm not going to push it...lots of chores to be done before I get too into hunting...first half of Oct is my stand scouting...a couple of different each day.  with a few hours in on each stand/ blind. Not really planning on killing a deer but if luck favors it that's OK...I just want to get movements down.

Speaking of that...OMG I went down to put up more.mouse.poison. and one blind is a toxic waste zone and I LITERALLY  had mice jumping off the walls at me.....I have a few choice words bouncing  angrily around my head...I obviously need a lot more poison. So Rivers blind wasn't bad but they got my sweat shirt I leave hanging there. I also installed the inside storm Windows on hinges and have them swinging out and up .I removed the outer storm flaps that were card board...need to finished that. Also take the. Small generator down on the Gator and shop vac the rugs and all mouse crap....with a paper suit and hazard mask.on. Won't be hunting that until later in the morning .:mda:

1 hour ago, growalot said:

Speaking of that...OMG I went down to put up more.mouse.poison. and one blind is a toxic waste zone and I LITERALLY  had mice jumping off the walls at me.....I have a few choice words bouncing  angrily around my head...I obviously need a lot more poison. So Rivers blind wasn't bad but they got my sweat shirt I leave hanging there. I also installed the inside storm Windows on hinges and have them swinging out and up .I removed the outer storm flaps that were card board...need to finished that. Also take the. Small generator down on the Gator and shop vac the rugs and all mouse crap....with a paper suit and hazard mask.on. Won't be hunting that until later in the morning .:mda:

You should build a maze on the floor, that way when your bored you can set your cheese in the corner and watch the mice :rofl:

• Like 1

No need for a Maze now Rob-c...I loaded up the generator, mask rug cleaner abd shopvac ...Cleaned Rivers Blind and the chairs...then went to the toxic waste blind...Get in it and 3 mice are half dead and trying to crawl away...I got it all vaccumed out then cleaned the rug and chairs wiped all surfaces down and put everything back in the blind..Oh boy glad I put out side decks on all of them that made it easy...So it was looking and smelling WAY better than before

I also got my  new 16ft ladder stand put together and all bolts, nuts, dings, and welds primed and painted. Will get that up after I bleach all the hoses, heads and body of the shop vac...making progress...

OH man so glad I got those cleaned ..gross!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally ready.

Almost. Clothes washed, cleaned, just need to sawyer them on Saturday.

Bow was dialed in last year but had some peep issues to fix. Got that sorted today, despite limited practice time this year accuracy is just as good as I finished last season at. I know which tree I'll be in, so good to go Sunday.