A Little Bloodtracking Help

grampy

I posted about this last year. We got some new members and maybe others may have missed it. So I'll put it up again.

It's almost time to hit the deer woods to hunt! Some of us have been looking forward to this season, since the end of last season! Doesn't matter how much practice you have done with bow, crossbow, shotgun or rifle. Long time hunter or newby. Something could go wrong, and a shot may not hit where intended.  Unfortunately it has happened to me, and could happen to any hunter. Bloodtracking is a learned skill. And I have been doing it for decades. On my own for family or friends, and since 1999, with Deer Search as a NYS certified tracker, using blood tracking dogs. My mentor for Deer Search was John Jeanneney. John is a founding member of Deer Search, and was instrumental in enacting the legislation in the late 70s, to allow the use of certified blood tracking dogs in NYS. John has seen it all, in his thousands of tracking sorties, over many, many years! And is one of the most experienced blood trackers in the US. After all those years, he has given up tracking, due to health reasons. But he wrote a book, actually books, on blood tracking, based on all he has seen and learned while in the woods, tracking deer and bear. His book, "Dead On" has a wealth of information and tips, that could be the difference, in recovering a deer or not!!! Experienced hunters with years of hunting behind them, will learn something from this book. And the hunters, just starting out, or with little or no experience on blood tracking, will find it invaluable! I can not recommend this valuable tool any higher! My only motivation for writing this, is if it helps recover even one deer this year that may not have been recovered otherwise, it will be worth it! I have absolutely no monetary interest in the sale of this book. My only motivation is to help fellow hunters. The book can be purchased through amazon, perhaps other places if you google it. Wishing everyone a successful season! May all your shots be true! But if the unthinkable happens and one is not, this book will be very helpful to you. We owe it to the animals we hunt, to do everything within our means to recover that animal.20161025_212313.jpg

Our dog Xola! She will be two and a half this season, and will really start to shine this year.media_5df0aded249cb848975ecd77a16d55fd.jpg

• Like 7

The irony is I think that book is the least valuable of Johns. Finding wounded deer by John trout is another must own. Buy the hair and blood cards that deersearch sells at shows. All great stuff...as are tracking dogs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Huh ?

The book is his worst- even the others in deer search state this unprovoked.

The genius above bragged about using an unlicensed dog to track his deer.

The crayon comment- well that's about people who need explanations as much as it is for those who know one thing and call it then best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The book is his worst- even the others in deer search state this unprovoked.

The genius above bragged about using an unlicensed dog to track his deer.

The crayon comment- well that's about people who need explanations as much as it is for those who know one thing and call it then best.

No idea on the book.

That genius " stay at home nomad " I do believe is referring to a dog that's not licensed with deer search. And he's probably killed more deer and nice deer than you've laid awake at night thinking about. FYI

Guess I need an explanation on Crayons

• Like 2